.277 Wolverine
Like Tree8Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: .277 Wolverine

.277 Wolverine

Is anyone here shooting .277 Wolverine? I'm having a barrel made for it, but I don't think I'll have hands on for at least few months, it will take that long just for me to import the dies on order.

This will be my first wildcat, and I figured it's close to 6.8 SPC, (less cost in loading) and will be something different. Seem like a real versatile cartridge within it's niche, as MDWS puts it;

The .277 Wolverine could be considered a hybrid of the 6.8SPC, the 300 Blackout, the 7.62x39 and the .223/5.56 NATO, making it THE MOST versatile cartridge for the standard AR15 platform.
    Being in Canada I can't make use of suppressors or barrel lengths less than 18.5, but I think this will make a great round for target, varmint and thin skinned game within the hunting ranges I usually have.

What do you guys think, is this new chambering a good idea or waste of time? I guess I'll find out soon enough myself, I haven't seen or heard reports of .277 WLV in Canada or on an XCR-L for that matter.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    linkedin.com/in/kaytravis
    twitter.com/traviskay

Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Is anyone here shooting .277 Wolverine? I'm having a barrel made for it, but I don't think I'll have hands on for at least few months, it will take that long just for me to import the dies on order.

This will be my first wildcat, and I figured it's close to 6.8 SPC, (less cost in loading) and will be something different. Seem like a real versatile cartridge within it's niche, as MDWS puts it;

Being in Canada I can't make use of suppressors or barrel lengths less than 18.5, but I think this will make a great round for target, varmint and thin skinned game within the hunting ranges I usually have.

What do you guys think, is this new chambering a good idea or waste of time? I guess I'll find out soon enough myself, I haven't seen or heard reports of .277 WLV in Canada or on an XCR-L for that matter.
    I've got a customer that's shooting it. He's a reloader. Like 300blk, it seems like a nice compromise with just a barrel change. I've heard they're trying to get it SAAMI certified. If it takes off/marketed well it could be a nice option but I think it'll be an uphill battle

If I'm not mistaken they've put it in the public domain, and there was a crowd funding site for submission to SAAMI.

indiegogo.com/projects/277-wolverine-to-saami#/

Probably a long shot, but if the money was there, I think it would happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've got a customer that's shooting it. He's a reloader. Like 300blk, it seems like a nice compromise with just a barrel change. I've heard they're trying to get it SAAMI certified. If it takes off/marketed well it could be a nice option but I think it'll be an uphill battle
    Last edited by xdmer; 02-21-2018 at 04:41 PM.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    twitter.com/traviskay

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Waste of time if you don't reload. If you do...it's a different ball game.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I have quite a bit of experience with it.....most of it bad. There are quite a few inherent problems.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    I have quite a bit of experience with it.....most of it bad. There are quite a few inherent problems.
    Ooohhhh. Pray tell....?

Please do, I've not heard of any. Too late for me, build is already committed.
    Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Ooohhhh. Pray tell....?
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    twitter.com/traviskay

Please do, I've not heard of any. Too late for me, build is already committed.
    Well, I would, but I'm like...a super duper 244 expert and you wouldn't agree with me, and Its way too complex and I dont have the time to write all out.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

I guess I'll find out =)
    Well, I would, but I'm like...a super duper 244 expert and you wouldn't agree with me, and Its way too complex and I dont have the time to write all out.
    Travis Kay
    www.traviskay.ca
    twitter.com/traviskay

I guess I'll find out =)
    2+ years later. What have you found out?

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors