One Of a Kind XCR-M
Like Tree23Likes
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: One Of a Kind XCR-M

One Of a Kind XCR-M

So after a pretty long process and a lot of help from Nate, I was able to get the parts and build an XCR-M .308 pistol with a 12"bbl, 1:7 twist, standard length KeyMod upper, mini length gas system, and FAST 2 stock with Tailhook brace.

Had to do some machining to the upper in order to fit the parts. Still have some work to finish the raw aluminum cuts, but I'll probably test fire as is. The factory 2 port brake will likely get swapped for a Armalite 2 port.

Weighs in at 8.5 lbs with no mag and no optic....so pretty heavy even with a pistol config and 12" bbl. I wanted a light bbl, but the shorter bbls only come in heavy profile. I may eventually get it fluted to try and shave some weight.

Thanks again to Nate for all the hard work, research and helping source parts for a configuration that RA told us they wouldn't build!

Pics:

One Of a Kind XCR-M-cam00547.jpgOne Of a Kind XCR-M-cam00548.jpgOne Of a Kind XCR-M-cam00549.jpg
    Last edited by Sean K.; 07-05-2018 at 08:49 AM.
    fmunk, Theta~Waves, xdmer and 2 others like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Looks good.
    Thanks. Put a QD GG&G bolt gun height 30mm optic mount and a PA ACSS 1-8X on it too.

My new can is full auto rated with no restriction on bbl length so I'm curious how this whole thing will pan out. Think it'll be too darn heavy, but it should be fun.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Which can are you using?

NG2 Defense MaxFlo 3D

Pic with optic/mount.

One Of a Kind XCR-M-cam00550.jpgOne Of a Kind XCR-M-cam00552.jpg

I'd post a video of NG2's can....but it's on YT and I'm boycotting them.

Here's a link to their site though:

https://www.ng2defense.com/products/...afd-suppressor

Wow! That looks fantastic!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Wow! That looks fantastic!
    Thanks. We'll see how it shoots. It was a compromise trying to get a "pistol" to avoid NFA crap and trying to get something with pretty good punch out to 500 yards. I probably should have just done a regular rifle, 14.7" bbl with perm'd brake and a competition upper, but whatever.

The weight is a bummer. I thought it would end up being lighter, but it's not that bad. An MDR would have balanced a lot better even though the weights are similar.

How much material did you take off the recoil assembly "nipple" to get it to close properly?

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    How much material did you take off the recoil assembly "nipple" to get it to close properly?
    Quite a bit actually....a lot more than I initially thought. Kinda surprised RA is going that far towards the high end of the tolerance. Tried using a hand file and sand paper for the first several fittings....then got fed up with it and used an angle grinder.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors