Something this way comes.... - Page 3
Like Tree33Likes
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Something this way comes....

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Dumb me but this will accommodate our XCR uppers for 7.62x39? Not really too concerned with having a BHO feature but it would be nice.
    Sounds like some modification to his upper was required....but I would assume that he'll eventually try to design around that problem so it's a direct swap.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Sounds like some modification to his upper was required....but I would assume that he'll eventually try to design around that problem so it's a direct swap.
    Modification is required, there is no way around it. It’s a fairly simple modification and doesn’t effect other calibers use in the upper but an AK mag will not work without it. If I start selling these the modification would be part of the sale.
    Merlin and fmunk like this.

Quote Originally Posted by abran007 View Post
    Modification is required, there is no way around it. It’s a fairly simple modification and doesn’t effect other calibers use in the upper but an AK mag will not work without it. If I start selling these the modification would be part of the sale.
    I'd just use a dedicated upper....lord knows I've got spares.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Just a quick update, I was out of town all last week for training and got home stupid early this AM. I did a little work this evening and got the grip hole drilled out and tapped, the hammer, trigger, and safety holes all drilled out and reamed. I would have taken and posted some more pictures but the lower is mounted up in the mill to do some more material removal and I didn't feel like having to re-zero everything so you'll just have to wait a few days until that gets done. The lighting where I have my mill is crappy for pictures so I just don't do them there
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Attachment 14404Something this way comes....-2cyoc9d.jpg

Got some more work done on profiling and making lines match up better. Realized I made a stupid mistake on drilling the safety and trigger pin holes so I'll have to get those welded up so I can re-drill them. Still need to work out the mag release system which will be a little more involved, the holes for the stock and recoil spring still need to be drilled out but those should be pretty simple. Here are a few new pics with some black paint thrown on the lower to allow the camera to focus more easily. Tinypics is being stupid so I couldn't get all of them to load, I'll try to do that at work tomorrow.

Last edited by abran007; 07-18-2018 at 06:57 PM.

Sweeeeeet!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Seriously looking forward to this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Merlin likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Just a thought but if you want to run regular AK mags on the XCR have you thought of a interchangable xcr magwell. Military Arms Channel did a video on the hydra (I think that was the name) and it was in a video with the xcr also. Seems like a great way to run the conversion kits and use standard 7.62x39 or 6.8spc mags that are a little wide for AR magwell.

Quote Originally Posted by rmw2018 View Post
    Just a thought but if you want to run regular AK mags on the XCR have you thought of a interchangable xcr magwell. Military Arms Channel did a video on the hydra (I think that was the name) and it was in a video with the xcr also. Seems like a great way to run the conversion kits and use standard 7.62x39 or 6.8spc mags that are a little wide for AR magwell.

I'm familiar with them, but I wasn't ever very impressed with the system, it adds a lot of complexity, weight, and pain in the ass that is unwanted. I have toyed with the idea of making an insert to accept STANAG magazines but that would be way down the road after I get this system working. Added the extra pictures I took the other night but I had to use a different hosting sight so they look a little different.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsors