Something this way comes.... - Page 7
Like Tree33Likes
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Something this way comes....

FMunk~ I went to the gunshow today and only one guy had ProMags, he wanted $30 a piece for them. I laughed and walked away, there is no way I'm paying $30 for a Promag when I had just bought a brand new metal AK Mag for $15 and Magpuls were all over the place for $13-16.

So the metal mag is a KCI 30 rounder, it fits perfectly fine into my lower, but I don't like it compared to the Magpul. The KCI has a much smaller front lug and doesn't lock in as smoothly or stay in place in the case of a fumbled reload. I'll test it for reliability the next time I take the rifle shooting though.

Not much else to report, still tinkering and working on things, more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by abran007 View Post
    FMunk~ I went to the gunshow today and only one guy had ProMags, he wanted $30 a piece for them. I laughed and walked away, there is no way I'm paying $30 for a Promag when I had just bought a brand new metal AK Mag for $15 and Magpuls were all over the place for $13-16.
    Heh. I was going to say something... but held back. That's why I don't go to shows. Good jerky though.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Looks like this thread is broken, keeps looping me to page 6, can't get to page 7. Let's see if posting takes me to page 7.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Looks like this thread is broken, keeps looping me to page 6, can't get to page 7. Let's see if posting takes me to page 7.
    Nope. We've reached the end of this universe.
    Merlin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by abran007 View Post
    AT this time I'm not an FFL, Ive been looking at it very seriously but with having to pay ITAR I don't see how I could ever make it worthwhile. I'd still love to get a CNC mill and lathe for personal use but I don't think I'll ever be able to justify getting my 07 FFL unless I did it full time and I don't see that happening.

The weight of my lower is actually pretty low so I don't think much would be gained by going with polymer, would have to play with it to see but that would require injection molding and you're talking some money there.

If once I get this thing complete and Alex is 100% against manufacturing it, then I'll probably work something out for people where they send their upper to me and I machine an 80% lower to match along with the needed mods to the upper and the directions to finish machining it out, that way I can get these into the wild without incurring the massive costs associated with an 07 FFL.

It would kill a lot of potential sales, but I don't see a way around it without something radical happening.

As much as I wish it weren't so...I just don't see Alex saying he'd make these. If he did, and they were built to take metal AK mags, I'd be on board for at least 2. I just don't see it happening though.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    As much as I wish it weren't so...I just don't see Alex saying he'd make these. If he did, and they were built to take metal AK mags, I'd be on board for at least 2. I just don't see it happening though.
    And I don't see him giving the blessing to someone else making it. So... I'll probably proceed as planned. Sell and part out my -L to fund something else I've got my eyes on at the moment. Was kind of hoping to keep the upper at least, since I'll probably take a bath on a practically new upper. An 80% AK mag lower in CA is feasible, after jumping through a bunch of hoops, but I don't have the tools needed to complete. So... would it all be worthwhile? probably not.
    Last edited by fmunk; 07-23-2019 at 08:09 PM.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Sponsors