Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping - Page 2
Like Tree9Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Hmmm....haven't seen that. If it's as good a copy as the ARex was the Sig, it might be great.
    Yah ARex. A bit jet lagged. Just got back from biz trip in Kentucky. Like the Glock, it won't win beauty contests. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...25/arex-delta/
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yah ARex. A bit jet lagged. Just got back from biz trip in Kentucky. Like the Glock, it won't win beauty contests. https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...25/arex-delta/
    That is one chunky looking trigger. Overall though....I don't think it's that ugly. I think Glocks are actually uglier....but to each his own. I don't like that they went with the LCI design off an XD though. Looking at the various pin placements make me think this will not be as simple as a Glock for a true tear down....but that remains to be seen.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Visually it reminds me of the Walther and CZ P10. Those triangular serrations are too "juvenile" looking for me—something a kid, armed with pencil and ruler, would draw when asked to draw a "gnarly" futuristic gun. Same for the details on the grip and frame.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Visually it reminds me of the Walther and CZ P10. Those triangular serrations are too "juvenile" looking for me—something a kid, armed with pencil and ruler, would draw when asked to draw a "gnarly" futuristic gun. Same for the details on the grip and frame.
    Agreed.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

BTW, I just noticed Overwatch has a polymer version of their DAT trigger. Not bad at $60.

BTW, I just noticed Overwatch has a polymer version of their DAT trigger. Not bad at $60.
    Ya, I have 1...bought 2 others for friends. It gave me a super short overall travel....7/32", but the reset is a little longer than my TACs. The friend's guns ended up like mine...short overall...slightly longer reset.

Did well in the gauntlet.
    Merlin and fmunk like this.

That Rex Delta looks like a Ruger American, which means I'll pass
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Ya, I have 1...bought 2 others for friends. It gave me a super short overall travel....7/32", but the reset is a little longer than my TACs. The friend's guns ended up like mine...short overall...slightly longer reset.
    Update...after shooting the Polydats (mine and my buddy's)....it's REALLY nice for the money. You can run that thing SUPER fast. I probably wouldn't spend the money on the aluminum ones anymore.

As an aside, on a whim, I picked up a Archon Type B. Haven't shot it yet. Initial impressions. Well made/tightly sealed. Trigger reset of 2mm was bullshit. It's around 3/16"or more. Not horrible for a factory trigger but for an $850 allegedly "semi-custom" gun....not good when Walther puts out a .100" reset gun from the factory. Oh, the mag baseplate design is bad. It pinches your hand when inserting a fresh mag, but not on the front where a subcompact with a finger extension does, but on the back.
    Merlin, TexasChris and fmunk like this.

not on the front where a subcompact with a finger extension does, but on the back.
    Right where the soft fleshy bits are. That's definitely a no go. Sight picture is no good when you're tearing up from pain, y'know? I finally got around to shooting my new to me G27 with the Haley Skimmer. Shot it with 40 and 9 using a Storm Lake conversion barrel that came with the sale. I like it a lot! For anyone looking to maintain stock appearance, it's a solid option. Now I just need to figure out how to get my TAC/Ghost equipped G23 to have the same positive force on the reset stroke. Probably just a matter of swapping the striker spring. Can't remember what I put in there (an increasing challenge with each passing year).
    Last edited by fmunk; 12-11-2018 at 09:10 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors