Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping - Page 3
Like Tree9Likes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping

Sean,
    Any updates on your Archon Type B impressions? Have you shot it much? Are you liking it more or less than when you first got it?
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I got one recently. I put 25rds through it. It's nice but in the few rounds I put through it, it wasn't different enough to make me want to start all over with a new platform. I was hoping for a bit more of a unique experience but it didn't feel much different than the m&p full size and compact I shot side by side.

Not knocking it by any means. Just didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Sean,
    Any updates on your Archon Type B impressions? Have you shot it much? Are you liking it more or less than when you first got it?
    I honestly don't shoot it that much. I'm still far better with a modified Glock. The trigger is decent...but needs a shorter reset. And....supposedly a new competition sear dropped today from Rain6 to make the reset shorter. I've got an email into the company now to find out just how much shorter it is. If it's under .100 thou, I'll probably get it.

It's a nice gun. Not worth the $850 or so they originally asked, price has come down. Lack of aftermarket IMO, is the biggest problem, but it's also big for the capacity so as a CCW it's less ideal than a 19 or M&P 2.0 with the 3.6" bbl (and Apex trigger).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I got one recently. I put 25rds through it. It's nice but in the few rounds I put through it, it wasn't different enough to make me want to start all over with a new platform. I was hoping for a bit more of a unique experience but it didn't feel much different than the m&p full size and compact I shot side by side.

Not knocking it by any means. Just didn't stand out as much as I'd hoped.
    I'd agree overall....it does seem to shoot pretty flat though, which is its biggest claim to fame. Was it massively different than a comp'd Glock though? Not really....but it wasn't comp'd either.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 02-03-2020 at 01:52 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Thanks for the update!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Honestly, with some trigger work and magna port job, I'm really digging the 43X with the Shield Arms mags (assuming they prove to be reliable). I just got the S15 mags...want to order more. Wish they'd make a flush fit, 20+ round capacity, metal mag for the 19.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors