Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping
Like Tree9Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping

Archon (Stryk) B finally shipping

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...b-is-shipping/

Archon Firearms’ Type B pistol is finally shipping to dealers and those who pre-ordered it. Back in November 2017, Arsenal Firearms, Inc. announced they would be changing their name to ‘Archon Firearms’ and rebranding their STRYK B pistol as the ‘Archon Firearms Type B’ at the same time. Shipment of pistols had been planned for spring 2018 but the Archron Firearms rebrand forced them to start the import process over, delaying the shipment of pistols into the US.

While the Type B has been shipping elsewhere in the world, Rain6, whose website describes themselves as “one of North America’s few Archon Firearms master dealers”, gave some insight into when the new pistols will be available in the US. The initial ‘small shipment’ consists of pistols that will be proofed and dispatched as quickly as possible. Rain6 told those customers that had pre odered pistols as early as mid-2016 that their guns would be sent out on 7th September.

The email also said that the “next shipment from Germany is said to be on the way the first week of September, now.” with Archon Firearms explaining that the next shipment should be large enough to fulfil all of Rain6’s remaining pre orders “later this month or the first part of Oct.” depending on delays at customs.

In a subsequent update Rain6 confirmed that research and development on threaded barrels, weapon light holsters, mag extensions, ported barrels and slides and RMS mounting is underway. The time scale on threaded barrels is said to be 30 to 45 days.

Here are the Type B’s specs:

TYPE: Semi-Automatic Striker-Fired Pistol
    CALIBER: 9mm
    CAPACITY: 15 Rounds, Double-Stack
    FRAME: Black Polymer
    SIGHTS: Serrated Rear w/ Front Fiber Optic Sight (Glock Standard Dovetail)
    BARREL LENGTH: 4.29″
    WEIGHT: 29.6 oz.
    LENGTH: 7.59″
    HEIGHT: 5.12″
    WIDTH: 1.38″
    SAFETY FEATURES: Trigger Block, Firing Pin Safety Block, Trigger Bar Disconnect

In the meantime pistols have also been arriving at other dealers, with Archon Firearms’ instagram sharing photos, from a number of retailers. The Type B has an MSRP of $849.95.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Ya, still getting updates on it.....

They screwed a ton of people on this on the timing. The first shipment only filled orders from like 2016. They still are hoping the next shipment by the end of October will fill the backlog of preorders.

Gun looks nice. That said, I'll wait a while and see how they fare. I'm afraid as poorly as the US release was handled that the company will go tits up or any service/warranty issues will be very problematic to resolve.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

IIRC, Archon is just a company in name. The actual company does more than just import these pistols. So I don't think they, the larger entity, will go tits up. For $850, it should come optic-ready.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    IIRC, Archon is just a company in name. The actual company does more than just import these pistols. So I don't think they, the larger entity, will go tits up. For $850, it should come optic-ready.
    Archon was Arsenal...they had to change the name b/c of US conflicts with Arsenal firearms here. Archon obviously manufacturers this pistol and made the original Strike pistols, but what other business does Dimitri run and what other areas do they operate in besides making these pistols? From the videos I've seen, it's a very small operation who've made a significant investment in tooling. Ya, they partnered with Salient, but Salient's had its own issues with CS. Not sure who's driving the bus over at Archon, but if it's Dimitri, it could continue to be a very bumpy ride with a fiery crash before ever reaching the destination. JMO, but I'm curious as to what you know about it.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Archon was Arsenal...they had to change the name b/c of US conflicts with Arsenal firearms here. Archon obviously manufacturers this pistol and made the original Strike pistols, but what other business does Dimitri run and what other areas do they operate in besides making these pistols? From the videos I've seen, it's a very small operation who've made a significant investment in tooling. Ya, they partnered with Salient, but Salient's had its own issues with CS. Not sure who's driving the bus over at Archon, but if it's Dimitri, it could continue to be a very bumpy ride with a fiery crash before ever reaching the destination. JMO, but I'm curious as to what you know about it.
    Don't know a whole lot. Just little bits I've read here and there. Under impression they are the same ones that imports the Arex pistols and the various former com-bloc AKs (Saiga, Izhmash, Bulgarian, etc.) sold under the Arsenal name. I have a friend who has a family connection in Alaska. Was considering getting my hands on one through that channel to play with a bit and eventually flip. But, at $850 and not optic ready, not sure. Sig P320 X-carry is less than that. Agree that circumstances definitely f'ed up their launch. However, they could've used the extra time to make it a sweeter package at the price point. I mean how difficult can it be to add an optic cut? Salient does it all day long.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-15-2018 at 12:05 PM.

Don't know a whole lot. Just little bits I've read here and there. Under impression they are the same ones that imports the Arex pistols and the various former com-bloc AKs (Saiga, Izhmash, Bulgarian, etc.) sold under the Arsenal name. I have a friend who has a family connection in Alaska. Was considering getting my hands on one through that channel to play with a bit and eventually flip. But, at $850 and not optic ready, not sure. Sig P320 X-carry is less than that. Agree that circumstances definitely f'ed up their launch. However, they could've used the extra time to make it a sweeter package at the price point. I mean how difficult can it be to add an optic cut? Salient does it all day long.
    You're confusing Arsenal Firearms USA Arsenal, Inc. > Arsenal, US manufacturer and importer of SAM7, SLR Series, Circle 10 magazines, parts, and accessories for AK-47/74 type Rifles. with Archon (who also was named Arsenal Firearms before the Arsenal that sells AKs sued them over the name and forced the change to Archon).

I agree that Archon's Type B should be optic ready...but who's optic? Triji is the gold standard, but frankly, I'm not that sold that they are all that reliable considering the next to the latest gen has battery connection problems I've seen first hand.

Also, certain distributors/retailers for Archon's product line are "custom builders" like Rain6 in Utah. They make money doing the things the factory didn't.....like optics cuts. Might be part of appeasing the largest dealer networks too.

You're also confusing K-Var.com with the Arsenal that sells AKs. K-Var is closely affiliated with Arsenal AKs in some way (not sure exactly how) and K-Var sells several "higher end" AK variants...like the ones you mentioned (Arsenal, Ishmash, Saiga, Vepr, Bulgarian, etc.)...and they also sell the Arex. However, all that said, the Arsenal that makes AKs isn't the one that makes the Type B or the Strike One.

Seems many users are having problems with the new Type B. Light primer strikes apparently. MAC had the same issue according to his post in the comments section of this vid:

Glad I bailed. The CS from Arsenal/Archon was laughable before....can only imagine what it'll be like now. Also,.....this gun has been shipping to the European market for what, a year? And the American market allegedly got a "bad" batch? Unlikely.

Oh...and the video maker is even confused about who makes it. It's still the same company....Arsenal just had to change their name to Archon in the US b/c of copyright issues with the Arsenal that makes AKs.
    Merlin likes this.

Yah saw MAC having the light primer strikes. It's priced too high for what it is anyway. On a side note, looks like Rex came out with their spin of the Glock.

Yah saw MAC having the light primer strikes. It's priced too high for what it is anyway. On a side note, looks like Rex came out with their spin of the Glock.
    Hmmm....haven't seen that. If it's as good a copy as the ARex was the Sig, it might be great.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors