Glock slide options
Like Tree7Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock slide options

Glock slide options

Iím looking for a machined Glock 17 slide that fits an RMR and has forward serrations. If the company makes a matching comp thatís even better.

Whatís out there?

Iíve looked at the Adams Arms, Agency Arms, MAC Defense, and Grey Ghost Percision.

I currently donít have a slide to send in for milling because this is for a polymer 80 frame I bought from Danger Close Armament.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Try Suarez International https://suarezinternational.com
    bgreed likes this.
    Behold, the internet.

Agency and Fowler Industries (https://www.figuns.com) does beautiful work but are expensive. Agency does have a half now half later payment program though. Lone Wolf does slide work as well but I have no personal experience. Jagerwerks (Custom Slide Work, Milling and Machining for Glock, Sig, and CZ Handguns) is pretty popular but the serrations look a bit shallow to me. Parker Mountain Machine (PARKER MOUNTAIN MACHINE - Home) does pretty good work and has decent prices, but the designs are not to my liking. Suares is pretty basic. Had one. You get what you pay.

You can get milled and finished stripped slides from ZEV for $400 and up, if you like their styles. Brownells also offer pre-cut slides at reasonable prices, under $300 (Gen 4 slides just announced today).

I went with DP Customworks (https://www.dpcustomworksllc.com). Not quite as nice as Agency or Fowler, but cheaper. Customer service and communication was excellent. They are currently running a $75 optic cut promotion. Aside from the package cuts, you can also specify your own custom designs.

With frame work by Risen Gunworks (https://www.risengunworks.com):

Last edited by fmunk; 10-09-2018 at 11:07 PM.
    TexasChris and Sean K. like this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Bro, that is clean!!!!

I just hopped out of the XD camp after getting my 19 back from Aklys. I didn't do any wild slide work, just an RMR with fision suppressor/night sights.....but I'm about to do another one because I have to experiment with something for my self......

....I gotta know if those wild slide lightening cuts are really liabilities. Since having mine done I've seen some very pedigreed dudes running radically lightened slides, and running them hard and dirty.

So this second one will be a full size and I'm going to have them leave the least possible amount of slide intact....and I'm going to drag it through the dirt and the mud and do horrible things to it until I've answered my question one way or another.

Have you gotten to run yours very hard yet?
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Iím going to stay away from Zev, and Suarez.

Iíll check out some of those other brands though.

Anyone have any experience with Grey Ghost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! The whole project took a while and tested my patience mostly due to budget; had to space things out. Slide lightening cuts will help with cycling lighter weight bullets (115 gr), but will increase risk of foreign objects entering and causing malfunctions. So if you like to roll in the dirt, be prepared to spend a little more on ammo (124 gr and up). As shown, mine will not cycle 115 gr reloads. Probably won't cycle factory new either. The topside slots are not enough (did them for the factory style ported Bar-Sto barrel). I had hoped they'd be enough but they weren't. I've tested 147 gr factory new ammo and those cycled 100%. 115 gr resulted in failure to extract or failure to return to battery fully like every other round. Have not tested 124 gr. LAX Ammo has a parking lot sale coming up, will pick up some to test.

With the G23C factory barrel installed, it ran the lot of reloaded .40sw I have 100% (I'm guessing 180 gr).

Have not run it very hard. Maybe 200-300 rounds so far. I don't get out much with the toys. I hate indoor ranges and desert is only cool enough to go from Nov. through April. If you are not going to make lightening cuts, then you'll most likely need to run heavier or hotter ammo (or both... hot and heavy, hah).
    Last edited by fmunk; 10-09-2018 at 11:26 PM.
    TexasChris and Merlin like this.

No experience with Grey Ghost. Don't like what they have showing on their site, however their Rainier Arms exclusives look pretty good to me. As long as the stock material is good, I don't see how you'll have problems.

I have no experience with them personally (yet), but PTAC has been suggested to me by several different people in the precision rifle world.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    No experience with Grey Ghost. Don't like what they have showing on their site, however their Rainier Arms exclusives look pretty good to me. As long as the stock material is good, I don't see how you'll have problems.
    Yea I just saw the Rainier one last night. Plus the price is right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have The Suarez works great MET cut is perfect. In fact this a slide Trijicon tech's recomended.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors