Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc

Have you heard about the X01 P320 PDW chassis? Radical Firearms announced today they are the exclusive distributor.

Link to info on chassis: https://firecontrolunit.com
    Link to RF: X01

High bore axis is signature Sig (so is the extra bulk). Like anything else, if you're used to one "platform" you'll need to adjust to suit another. Not all techniques learn on one can be readily transferred to another. You pretty much have to judge it on its merits instead of the Glock. There's just no winning there. It's like asking someone whose worn jeans and only jeans all their life to wear slacks. They're going to feel naked.

Another possible factor the Sig won: it can be quickly and easily configured for different size hands. No small grip parts (backstraps) to keep track of. The military isn't that great at keeping track of what they do have to begin with.
    Last edited by fmunk; 01-16-2019 at 08:11 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Have you heard about the X01 P320 PDW chassis? Radical Firearms announced today they are the exclusive distributor.

Link to info on chassis: https://firecontrolunit.com
    Link to RF: X01

High bore axis is signature Sig (so is the extra bulk). Like anything else, if you're used to one "platform" you'll need to adjust to suit another. Not all techniques learn on one can't be readily transferred to another. You pretty much have to judge it on its merits instead of the Glock. There's just no winning there. It's like asking someone whose worn jeans and only jeans all their life to wear slacks. They're going to feel naked.

Another possible factor the Sig won: it can be quickly and easily configured for different size hands. No small grip parts (backstraps) to keep track of. The military isn't that great at keeping track of what they do have to begin with.
    Definitely an interesting concept from a legal standpoint, especially if one drops the FCG into a rifle and then wants to put it back in a pistol....They'd almost need a Thompson Contendor type exemption I'd think.

I disagree that it's a "platform" thing. I now own every *major* striker fired contender except the HKVP9 and this one is by far the highest bore axis.....which is a large point of the reason to go striker fired in the first place (other than the consistent trigger pull). JMO of course, but it just isn't well designed for a striker gun. It honestly looks like it should have a hammer. I'll reserve my final judgement for after I've put a few hundred rounds down range, but that's my initial reaction.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Definitely an interesting concept from a legal standpoint, especially if one drops the FCG into a rifle and then wants to put it back in a pistol....They'd almost need a Thompson Contendor type exemption I'd think.

I disagree that it's a "platform" thing. I now own every *major* striker fired contender except the HKVP9 and this one is by far the highest bore axis.....which is a large point of the reason to go striker fired in the first place (other than the consistent trigger pull). JMO of course, but it just isn't well designed for a striker gun. It honestly looks like it should have a hammer. I'll reserve my final judgement for after I've put a few hundred rounds down range, but that's my initial reaction.
    Yah I see your point. It wasn't designed from the ground up as a striker fired pistol. Rather, it was hammer fired (P250) revised to be striker fired, then marketed as the greatest new thing since sliced bread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Yah I see your point. It wasn't designed from the ground up as a striker fired pistol. Rather, it was hammer fired (P250) revised to be striker fired, then marketed as the greatest new thing since sliced bread.
    Excellent point....it's really just a P250 that's deleted the hammer to be striker fired.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Well, shot the P320 in the Xcarry chassis for the first time yesterday. Actually pretty impressed. Trigger's good and the muzzle flip, while higher than my Glocks is manageable. It's very bulky though...and noticeably heavier. Need to swap in the Gray Guns CELT trigger.

My wife took several videos....I am computer challenged though and they are all too big except the first run with the pistol which is like 6 seconds long or so.

I'll see if I can load it up here. Now, I missed a few times in this video (and noticed I landed a few farther left than I should have), but with some practice, it got better. Stock trigger, starting at 10 yards and working in.

Nope...can't load it unless I put it on YT.

The G43X is a keeper. It's got more recoil than a 19 obviously, but it's manageable. Head shots are a little slower (I think mainly due to flinching and the shorter sight radius) but you could definitely defend yourself with it. 10 rounds is the limiting factor and why I'd probably almost always carry the 19 over it.....unless I was wearing something that didn't conceal that well. I need more mags.

Also ran the G45....boringly predictable in a really good way. Haven't gotten my Ghost connector in it yet....long story.

Took 6 pistols and went through 870 rounds of just 9mm.

Also test ran the XCR-M 12" pistol.....porting the dial up cured the issue with resting on the mag causing failures to extract. It now extracts with authority on 7. Only ran 50 rounds....so didn't turn it down.

Ran my XCR-L 16" 5.56 with the Type 3 gas block, tube and competition upper.....worked flawlessly....but that gas block under the HG will BURN you so either covers are in order or a VFG or both.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 02-11-2019 at 07:21 PM.

Hey fmunk,

Do you have a source for the Sig triggers being from Gray Guns? Just wondering....the "competition sear" in the P320 Carry I just bought looks absolutely identical to the one that came in the $129 Gray Guns CELT kit.

Honestly, I think the factory trigger has a better feel to it. The CELT is not any shorter in terms of overall travel....3/8" total, with reset being 6/32 or 3/16" (if you prefer). All it does is move the travel range of the trigger rearward around an 1/8".

In short, save your money if you have a later generation Sig P320.

The pull is lighter (I don't have a gauge here currently so I'm not sure how much), but the reset is much weaker feeling and the trigger delays in returning to that position more than factory.

Another problem is the gaping hole in the frame left by the new trigger. I went with the "flat faced" trigger, but the GG curved trigger lacks the shelf that covers the hole in the frame too so you'll have a good 3/16-1/4" hole in front of the trigger. And....you cannot just swap in the factory curved trigger with the rest of the GG parts to cover the hole. Something in the geometry is different and it won't release the sear without pressing REALLY hard on the trigger.

Here's pics of the hole:

Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc-cam00606.jpg

Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc-cam00605.jpg

Here's a pic of the factory trigger positions...front most is starting point, rearmost was farthest rear travel, mid was the reset. As you can see from the pic, the frontward most travel on the flat faced GG trigger is slightly more rearward...probably just a little under 1/8"....like .090-100"...and the kit essentially just shifts where the trigger travels at. Of course, that difference could be just the shape of the GG flat faced trigger shoe vs. the factory curved one.

I'm going to shoot it with the new trigger and see if there's any appreciable difference, but the gaping hole that could let debris in and the fact that the reset seems slower due to the lack of tension to force the return will likely mean I'll just swap back to the factory parts.

Oddly, I'm not super disappointed with having essentially thrown away $140 or so (after shipping)....it's just interesting to note that this kit really doesn't do anything other than lower the trigger pull weight. Now I know and hopefully none of you will make the mistake I did.

Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc-cam00607.jpg

Don't remember exactly where I read it. I recall doing a search and seeing a bunch of references to the trigger being the same as those in the X-series. The trigger shoes certainly look the same. Perhaps (my guess) Sig uses different spring combos? Being a mass produced model I don't see them doing any special hand fitting at the factory.

You can probably unload the CELT on Sigforum without much difficulty.

Don't remember exactly where I read it. I recall doing a search and seeing a bunch of references to the trigger being the same as those in the X-series. The trigger shoes certainly look the same. Perhaps (my guess) Sig uses different spring combos? Being a mass produced model I don't see them doing any special hand fitting at the factory.

You can probably unload the CELT on Sigforum without much difficulty.
    Ya, found the same thing doing some research on the web....GGI apparently makes the trigger parts for the X series....and it would appear my "carry" model as well. I'm guessing you're right about the springs (the kit comes with lighter ones....smaller diameter wire and less coils on the two for the sear)....and I'd guess there's a slight geometry difference in the trigger shoe itself to exert more leverage and make the springs "feel" lighter.

Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors