Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc
Like Tree6Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc

Gray Guns SRT Trigger for HK P30, HK45, etc

Have always wanted a P30, but didn't buy one b/c of the trigger limitations.

For $99, Gray Guns is making them better. Still looks longer than I'd like from this video:

https://www.facebook.com/ActiveSelfP...eid=fe4f4a7a96

But definitely better.

Here's a link for P30, P2000, etc WITHOUT thumb safety: https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...eid=fe4f4a7a96

Here's the P30 WITH a thumb safety: https://grayguns.com/product/hk-p30-...eid=fe4f4a7a96

And the link for the HK45 and USP: https://grayguns.com/product/hk-usp-...eid=fe4f4a7a96
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-01-2019 at 07:28 PM.
    fmunk and Merlin like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I had planned on sending my W. German P226 to them to work their magic, but went astray and spent $ on a G27 + mods.
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I had planned on sending my W. German P226 to them to work their magic, but went astray and spent $ on a G27 + mods.
    Ya, I have a friend with their trigger in a 226...nice trigger, but he's just not a big fan of the hammer fired Sigs (neither am I....sold the one I had).

Haven't shot an XCarry or X-5....would like to...but the P320 triggers I've dry fired have been way too long in terms of reset (supposedly the pull and resets are the same between them and the X models other than the flat face triggers) and Gray Guns and Apex said they couldn't shorten them without compromising the drop safeties, so I've stayed away from both the Sig and HK VP9s (due to the firing channel hydrolock issue). I think they are the only major player striker fired guns I don't actually own at least one of.

**EDIT**Hmmm....Apex's site is now claiming a 20% reduction in reset distance (which isn't much considering how long it is to begin with). It supposedly reduces overall travel by 30%. I wonder if that's 10% off the front end and 20% off the back with the reset. Oh well....probably still not enough for me to buy one....but the prices have dropped from mid $700s to low $600s for the X-Carry.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-04-2019 at 09:47 PM.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

FYI for those that have P320s and are interested in the X-Carry....grip modules are available now for $59. https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p320-...to-357sig.html

This is the route I was planning to take as having a window machined in the X-Carry slide and no port provision seems like a waste (though I'm sure they did it to offset the weight of an RMR for the slide cut...and the "cool" factor).

Unfortunately, it seems the regular P320 compacts are running slightly more than a X-Carry now....so you'll be in it another $59 if you want the better ergos (IMO Sig should have just built it around) and a more sealed system.

I find that I shoot my Glocks better, without trying too much, than anything else I've had or still own. For me the P226 is mostly nostalgia as it is the very first pistol type I've ever shot. Would love to get my hands on a X-5 or X-carry but since they are not approved for sale in CA, as new, the price for private party transfer examples are just way too high to make any sense. BTW, there is an outfit in San Diego making 80% fire control groups for the P320 series. Tempting but not worth navigating the legal quagmire in my state.

From past experience, Apex was very good about responding to inquiries.

The factory window on the X-carry is most likely for offsetting weight of RMR so 115gr ammo can cycle. I don't think it was done for looks. Sig made guns in the past that were very picky with ammo. They tried to explain it away by telling people to use match ammo instead of improving the product. That backfired on them badly.
    Last edited by fmunk; 01-05-2019 at 11:24 AM.

I find that I shoot my Glocks better, without trying too much, than anything else I've had or still own. For me the P226 is mostly nostalgia as it is the very first pistol type I've ever shot. Would love to get my hands on a X-5 or X-carry but since they are not approved for sale in CA, as new, the price for private party transfer examples are just way too high to make any sense. BTW, there is an outfit in San Diego making 80% fire control groups for the P320 series. Tempting but not worth navigating the legal quagmire in my state.

From past experience, Apex was very good about responding to inquiries.

The factory window on the X-carry is most likely for offsetting weight of RMR so 115gr ammo can cycle. I don't think it was done for looks. Sig made guns in the past that were very picky with ammo. They tried to explain it away by telling people to use match ammo instead of improving the product. That backfired on them badly.
    Ya, I agree that they did it to offset the weight of an RMR type optic, but I also think they did it for style points. You can machine the slide down without punching holes in it to save weight too.

Sidenote: so I was really thinking hard about buying a P320 and buying the Xcarry grip module and then installing an Apex or GG trigger....The GG's seem to have a better reputation on the Sig Talk forum.

Found this post on the Apex trigger for the P320: https://sigtalk.com/p250-p320-p365-p...-expected.html

Funny how many reviews of triggers don't tell you anything about the distances for reset like this guy did. Looks like the Apex just removes take up and does little else. I'll look at the Gray Guns kit and see what kind of numbers it makes.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-05-2019 at 12:11 PM.
    Merlin likes this.

Well, took the plunge...bought a Sig P320 and Xcarry grip module. On the list for a GG CELT trigger.

Also bought a G45 since my 19X is probably my favorite Glock at this point....I know lots of people poo-pooed it for CCW, but that wasn't really its market segment. It just feels really great if you've got bigger hands and it shoots really nice. Bought the Sig just b/c I love the look of the X-Carry; never liked the P320. Hopefully it doesn't suck. We'll see.

Used Gunbuyer.com for the Glock....best price I found $552 shipped. Used BigDaddyUnlimited for the Sig....$461. I don't think the $10/month plan for BDU will be worth it long term though. They seem to have good prices on Sig gear but you have to call to place an order if you don't want to pay for an account and that ONLY applies to Sig parts/guns (or sign up for the 99 cent 1 month special and do it online after taking a day or so for your account to go live, which is what I did). Otherwise, from what I can tell, their prices are just okay. If you know how to shop around online the prices are about the same and their website is far from easy to navigate/search for what you want specifically. They also hit you hard on shipping guns. $25 for regular shipping (to my zip anyway) and $30 for expedited. The Glock was $531 but with $25 shipping, it was more than Gunbuyer and a LOT more complicated since Gunbuyer ships like immediately and for free....used them like 6 times in the past; nothing but good things to say there. Ammo prices seemed decent, but about what I pay at SGAmmo. Mag prices are about what I pay at other various places when on sale.

I will likely keep the account for the month at 99 cents....then cancel. Maybe they'll have a screaming deal on the G43X.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-07-2019 at 07:25 PM.
    Merlin likes this.

Agree on the Sig grips. They should've just gone with the X-series grip to begin with. The standard grip looks like a brick. I think I read somewhere that the X-carry has a GG trigger from the factory.

Agree on the Sig grips. They should've just gone with the X-series grip to begin with. The standard grip looks like a brick. I think I read somewhere that the X-carry has a GG trigger from the factory.
    Don't know about the last part, but the GG triggers have always mimic'd the factory triggers in terms of shape. I know the GG trigger job that you sent in for 6+ months ago was about $400 and yielded a result similar to the new drop in CELT for $130. I don't expect a really short reset like I'm used to but hopefully it will be usable.

So my Glock G45 and Sig P320 Carry (with X-Carry grip module) showed up today.

Sig is having a $50 webstore credit, so I'll pick up another mag from their online store once the credit goes through.

Initial impressions. The trigger is WAAAAY better than the one I finger banged at a gun store a while back. I think that was before all the drop safety issues with the gun. This one is actually pretty good for a factory trigger. ....and that's about where the praise ends.

It's overly heavy for a compact slide....3.9". The slide is super thick compared to the Glock. Granted, I am an admitted Glock fanboy, but this whole thing is bulky. The grip module for the X-carry is oddly less comfortable than the one that comes with the gun. I do love the look of the pistol with the Xcarry grip module, so I'll keep it on there. It does seem to ever so slightly help with the (I'm using the word again) OVERLY high bore axis. I mean, this thing is twice the height of the Glock. I will be very surprised if it doesn't have a good deal of muzzle flip, though maybe some of that will be tamed by the heavy slide. Supposedly the gun is 26.5 oz. The G45 is just under 25 oz. Doesn't feel like only a 1.5 oz. difference at all. Glock is 1 lb 8.5 oz with mag, Sig is 1 lb 11.4 oz. with mag on my non-calibrated food scale but supposedly the X-Carry module is heavier than the regular grip. So about 3 (very noticeable for whatever reason) ounces.

Since Glock allegedly beat the Sig in every category during the military trials, I have to believe it came down to the $208 price tag for the Sig based on what I'm seeing. Maybe shooting it will tell a different tale. My GG trigger should be here by end of week. I'll likely shoot both stock before putting in the triggers (OWP/Ghost Pro 3.3 and GG CELT).

**EDIT** I do also like the slide release....it's out of the way for my stupid high grip. **
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-15-2019 at 06:28 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors