ALIEN Pistol from Laugo Arms - Page 2
Like Tree7Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALIEN Pistol from Laugo Arms

Yah, because race gun. Personally, I want that new modular Steyr more. Steyr USA has been posting deals on current gen, clearly trying to make room. So the info I got before must be fairly accurate. Hope they don't take too long on releasing all the parts the make it really modular like the P320. Would like to seem them offer a optic ready slide too.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yah, because race gun. Personally, I want that new modular Steyr more. Steyr USA has been posting deals on current gen, clearly trying to make room. So the info I got before must be fairly accurate. Hope they don't take too long on releasing all the parts the make it really modular like the P320. Would like to seem them offer a optic ready slide too.
    I really like my Steyr but I can't see the new modular one being much different. While I do like it, I don't shoot it as well as some of the other platforms. I wouldn't mind picking up the new one, but only around the same price point of $400; might go as high as $500. Anything over that and I'd be out.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I really like my Steyr but I can't see the new modular one being much different. While I do like it, I don't shoot it as well as some of the other platforms. I wouldn't mind picking up the new one, but only around the same price point of $400; might go as high as $500. Anything over that and I'd be out.
    I came close to owning one, but seller wanted too much for an used example. So it's an itch that never got scratched. And being OCD... you can figure out the rest. New one looks good, with all the interchangeable grip panels, like a HK P30. I think MSRP is north of $600, so retail is probably mid $500. Possibly lower later if the industry remains stagnant. By then, it will be election time so maybe not.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I came close to owning one, but seller wanted too much for an used example. So it's an itch that never got scratched. And being OCD... you can figure out the rest. New one looks good, with all the interchangeable grip panels, like a HK P30. I think MSRP is north of $600, so retail is probably mid $500. Possibly lower later if the industry remains stagnant. By then, it will be election time so maybe not.

The trigger is really good...I still found a company on the Steyr forums that had a $11 or so upgrade. It's good, but there's just such a limited market for it unfortunately. Since you're in CA, can you still order it or is it "prohibited" b/c it's too new? Right now, Steyr has the older .40 cal compact version on their site (only 20 units left as of today) for $399...according to their email.

From their email today:

S40-A1 Pistols: Last Chance!

Are you a fan of our A1 compact series of handguns? How about .40 S&W? We’re making room for our new A2 MF pistols, so the Steyr S40-A1 is on a very special deep discount through May 30. Normally $575, for the next seven days we’re offering the very last of our S40-A1 stock for a mere $399—plus an additional magazine for free. There are fewer than 20 left, and our remaining inventory will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. All you need to do is contact us by phone at (205) 417-8644—please note that the discount isn’t visible online. This is absolutely a once-in-a-lifetime deal, so get yours before they’re gone forever! Click here for more information on the S40-A1 (but remember to call us to purchase).

I would think if you searched a bit online, you could probably find the older version Steyr M9A1 for $450 or less....provided a Californian can order from out of state.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Not on the CA roster of handguns approved for sale. While most loopholes have closed, there are still some left.

Not on the CA roster of handguns approved for sale. While most loopholes have closed, there are still some left.
    So how will you get a new model?

Friends who have family out of state. Friends who are LE.

Friends who have family out of state. Friends who are LE.
    Wow...I really don't understand the loopholes then.

Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Wow...I really don't understand the loopholes then.

Good luck with it.
    The rules can always change. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ We'll see. Not high on priority list.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors