Great Experience with RobArm and Holly - Page 2
Like Tree19Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Great Experience with RobArm and Holly

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Range report, bro. Make. It. Happen. Congrats.
    So I wasn't gonna, I wanted him to have the first shots, but that he lives in the city I think I am going to go ahead with break in. When he comes out next I'll surprise him with it and we can have a no-sweat-nuclear-range day. I'd hate to give it to him and find out something stupid has us spinning our wheels....plus, I'm definitely going to have it cerakoted (its a gift, if it doesn't wear so great oh well, at least for one day it's gonna be tits!) in his favorite camo so any incidental wear I may put on it will be made invisible.

I really don't have a choice.....
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasChris View Post
    So I wasn't gonna, I wanted him to have the first shots, but that he lives in the city I think I am going to go ahead with break in. When he comes out next I'll surprise him with it and we can have a no-sweat-nuclear-range day. I'd hate to give it to him and find out something stupid has us spinning our wheels....plus, I'm definitely going to have it cerakoted (its a gift, if it doesn't wear so great oh well, at least for one day it's gonna be tits!) in his favorite camo so any incidental wear I may put on it will be made invisible.

I really don't have a choice.....
    Agree 100%. I've been burned too many times by a first run of an RA product. Make sure it works before you give it as a gift. It will just disappoint if it's not 100% when he first gets it.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Agree 100%. I've been burned too many times by a first run of an RA product. Make sure it works before you give it as a gift. It will just disappoint if it's not 100% when he first gets it.
    It's all in motion. Goodies on the way. 100% looking forward to it.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Still waiting on my stuff.... let us know how it shoots!!!
    Merlin likes this.

My orders are ready!!!
    Merlin, Sean K. and Bender like this.

My order is due to arrive Tuesday. Just ordered recoil spring assembly parts to finish making a complete upper.
    Merlin and TexasChris like this.

Got it.

Pistols look good. SNs are in the low 12000s. I ordered a couple of stripped lowers as well. They look a little.... rough.
    Great Experience with RobArm and Holly-20190213_153801.jpg
    Anodized but I'm guessing RA cerakotes them when they build them up. Pic of the 6.5 grendel.
    Great Experience with RobArm and Holly-20190213_153408.jpg
    I ordered this back in Nov. I had orignally requested it be a type 2. I've got an email in to Holly to see what happened. They've also swapped the sights they use to FAB Defense poly flips. They're fine but I liked the samson HK fronts and for the price I'd prefer the metal ones.

Along with the lowers and the pistols I got some parts to finish up my M in type 3. Waiting on a gas tube for that.

ETA: Holly said the Ls are done in type 2. Looks like Type 3 is it until they come up with a Type 4.
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 02-13-2019 at 03:23 PM.
    Merlin likes this.

What kind of upper is that? It's not a standard, obviously....Mini, maybe? The slots are waaaay longer now.

Ya, those lowers are rough. I didn't realize (but should have) that they coated them before assembly.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

It's a standard length mlok. Barrel is 12".

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    It's a standard length mlok. Barrel is 12".
    Would NOT have guessed standard. Must be b/c of the larger Mlok slots matching the the receiver's slots. Interesting.

Thanks for the info.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors