New AR180 upper from Brownells - Page 2
Like Tree17Likes
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34

Thread: New AR180 upper from Brownells

  1. #11
    XCR Guru mjorin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,464
    I agree, thought the same thing with the charging handle. That's why it has the crank so you can reach over. I think they were worried it wouldn't look enough like an AR180.
    TexasChris likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

  2. #12
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,249
    That crank looks horrible. Seems to me a regular AKesque charging handle would be easier to work especially if one's familiar with the AK manual of arms on charging it under the rifle.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  3. #13
    Marksman TTEngineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    418
    Well they said PWS helped design it, so let’s hope that PWS play around with the design and develops a similar upper with a left side charging handle and a folding stock.

    I can tell you it would probably be WAY light if PWS built it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Light is fast ... fast is good

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,249
    Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    Well they said PWS helped design it, so let’s hope that PWS play around with the design and develops a similar upper with a left side charging handle and a folding stock.

    I can tell you it would probably be WAY light if PWS built it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Very curious to see the final weight ends up being for a 16" and a 10.5"ish size on a regular AR lower.

    To me, this makes a LOT more sense than a piston AR.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  6. #15
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,831
    It's only in .223 Wylde currently?

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  7. #16
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    It's only in .223 Wylde currently?
    Most everything .223 is coming in as Wylde it seems....apparently, it's accurate and handles a wide variety of ammo.

    AFAIK it's only .223 and 16" bbl length.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  8. #17
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,831
    That would be the only downside for me currently, the only other caliber I am looking at adding is 6.5 Creedmor in a rifle I could never shoot to it's potential. But enjoy trying.

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  9. #18
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,249
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    That would be the only downside for me currently, the only other caliber I am looking at adding is 6.5 Creedmor in a rifle I could never shoot to it's potential. But enjoy trying.
    You don't own a 5.56? What are your XCRs chambered in, 7.62x39?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  10. #19
    XCR Guru Merlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,831
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    You don't own a 5.56? What are your XCRs chambered in, 7.62x39?
    I have not been keeping up on these new calibers, so I assumed because it said .223 Wylde that I could not shoot .556 through it.
    Still haven't looked it up but this is a more powerful round like when they went from .223 Rem to .556?
    Magazines and bolts are backwards compatible as well to .556?
    I have both .556 and 7.62 now for the XCR.

    "Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

  11. #20
    Newbie bamajosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    You don't own a 5.56? What are your XCRs chambered in, 7.62x39?
    I have not been keeping up on these new calibers, so I assumed because it said .223 Wylde that I could not shoot .556 through it.
    Still haven't looked it up but this is a more powerful round like when they went from .223 Rem to .556?
    Magazines and bolts are backwards compatible as well to .556?
    I have both .556 and 7.62 now for the XCR.
    .223 Wylde allows sitting both .223 and 5.56. Unlike a .223 barrel.
    Merlin likes this.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. XCR-L Competition Upper Vs. Standard Upper Weights
    By Sean K. in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2019, 07:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-02-2013, 07:30 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-29-2009, 12:44 PM
  4. Brownells is clearing out some ACOG's
    By kells81 in forum Sights
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-07-2008, 06:22 AM
  5. Anyone seen or used these BUIS from Brownells?
    By Juicespeare1 in forum Sights
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-06-2007, 10:34 PM

Search tags for this page

brownell ar180 sbr

Click on a term to search for related topics.