• 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By mjorin
  • 2 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By bamajosh

Thread: Trigger type 1 vs type 2

Trigger type 1 vs type 2

I have a pre-2000 serial numbered XCR-L. Rifle had been fantastic. I read earlier this week that there is a type 2 trigger that came out around the 4k SN range. My question is, how big of a difference between type 1 and type 2 triggers? Is the difference between a GI AR15 trigger and say a Geisselle? Are there any updates you would recommend I do to my rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by bamajosh View Post
    I have a pre-2000 serial numbered XCR-L. Rifle had been fantastic. I read earlier this week that there is a type 2 trigger that came out around the 4k SN range. My question is, how big of a difference between type 1 and type 2 triggers? Is the difference between a GI AR15 trigger and say a Geisselle? Are there any updates you would recommend I do to my rifle?
    They Type 2 "enhanced" trigger is far better than the Type 1. It's not quite a Geissele SSA, but it's close. They do break in and get better with more rounds downrange.

As for other upgrades...just depends on what you are trying to accomplish and how much you plan to spend. It's probably much cheaper to buy a new rifle than completely upgrade one that's a pre-2K.

The lowers have a forged trigger guard, there's ambi mag release and safety, bigger and better bolt hold open, enhanced trigger, type 3 gas blocks, different piston tubes, KM or M-Lok uppers, omni buffer, Type 2 bolts and buffers that require machining the existing upper, FAST stocks, non-welded op rod feet, etc., etc.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

So other than the trigger, is there anything else you would recommend? I've had my rifle for a little over a year and other than getting an ACR stock and adapter, I have done nothing but shoot the rifle. No issues at all.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bamajosh View Post
    So other than the trigger, is there anything else you would recommend? I've had my rifle for a little over a year and other than getting an ACR stock and adapter, I have done nothing but shoot the rifle. No issues at all.
    Then it sounds like you don't need to upgrade anything. Personally, I'd order a "spare parts kit".....they used to run about $125. Might message Navalbeaver on the board. I'd also probably order a spare bolt, just b/c....and possibly a spare bbl if you like shooting a lot of rapid fire with steel cased ammo. I personally like the ambi mag release, but it isn't, IMO, a "must have"....nor is the lighter KM rail upper. All of the things listed before are nice upgrades...but not 100% necessary.

I'd personally look here: https://robinsonarmament.com/xcr-part-identification/ ......If you haven't already and see if any of these things "need" to be upgraded for your use.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I would definitely do the trigger. It is significantly better. Don't worry about the rest.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I finally got a response back from Robinson Arms. They are also recording upgrading the carrier. So all together, everything needed to upgrade the trigger to Type 2 will be about $300.

I've got a lightly used type 2 trigger. $85 shipped. The new carrier is going to require your lower to get drilled out. I'd personally stick with the old carrier. The trigger and old carrier worked fine for a long time.
    Sean K. and Merlin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I've got a lightly used type 2 trigger. $85 shipped. The new carrier is going to require your lower to get drilled out. I'd personally stick with the old carrier. The trigger and old carrier worked fine for a long time.
    Agreed. IMO, the older carrier/buffer arrangement was preferable anyway.
    Merlin likes this.

Thanks guys for the response.

@navalbeaver let me know how you want me to pay and I can get money sent today.
    Merlin likes this.

Sponsors