Steyr A2 MF (Modular Frame)
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steyr A2 MF (Modular Frame)

Steyr A2 MF (Modular Frame)

Steyr jumping on the modular pistol bandwagon (a year late). Looks interesting though.

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

My Steyr M9A1 is one of my favorite guns....it just shoots really nice, low bore axis, very good factory trigger.

Thanks for posting...I'll check it out.

Wow...MSRP is high. I paid about $400 for mine.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-25-2019 at 09:26 PM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yah I think this interests me more than the Stryk B. Street price should be lower, especially when they realize no one wants to buy them because they lack name recognition (and don't do any marketing)... catch 22.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yah I think this interests me more than the Stryk B. Street price should be lower, especially when they realize no one wants to buy them because they lack name recognition (and don't do any marketing)... catch 22.
    And that's why I bought it....it looked to be another low bore axis gun that was available when the Type B failed to hit promised timelines. Now that I have both....honestly, the B is a better gun. Is it over twice as good (based on cost)? No. Is it better, yes.

At $400...the Steyr is a great gun...but very limited options for upgrades (though I do have a trigger mod and holster)...but it honestly doesn't need much (other than a stipple job on the M9A1 anyway...the new ones look much better in that regard).

I call it my "ugly duckling"....but it always seems to make it to range day with me. It's just a lot of fun to shoot....actually really like the sights...just wish they were tritium.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I've shot a first gen S(compact) in 40 S&W a bunch. I really like that pistol. Love the first gen grip. I really like the sights, too. It just seems to fit in the hand about perfect. The first gen does have that weird safety that sets inside the trigger guard in front of the trigger
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

I really liked the feel of the originals but never got one. I got a first gen A1 that had some of the ejection issues. Kept it for awhile but had a hard time finding a holster or anything else after market. Came back into a later gen A1 that I've had for awhile. Literally, the day before I heard about the A2, I bought a used L9. I may flip the L9 and get an A2. I'm liking the look of the texture and the different back straps. The current grip isn't bad but it's a little on the slick side and doesn't compete against the p30, vp9, m2.0 or the ppq. The L9 I just got had the talon grips installed and they helped some.

I'm a fan of the platform but there's next to no marketing or aftermarket. I had a local guy make me an rti holster for the M9 bit it's got a closed bottom so it won't work with the L9...... First world problems.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    next to no marketing or aftermarket.
    That's where Steyr went wrong. They never figured out how to market it. And they never learned by watching others or just didn't bother to look.

WTF happened to my post?

Anyway....Nate....stipple your gun. Night and day difference. SOOO much nicer to shoot.

Also, if you want a holster, $42 shipped from Clinger holsters. https://clingerholsters.com/kydex-st...ncealed-carry/

I only see the M9A1...not the L series. Might email them.

***EDIT*** If you didn't mind the muzzle sticking through the holster, you could probably run the M9A1 holster with the L. I'll take a look at mine if you want to confirm.**
    Last edited by Sean K.; 01-27-2019 at 10:01 AM.

Here's more on the A2:

In case anyone is interested, I heard from someone in the know... first batch in the US by end of the month if it does not get held up by customs. A handful of prototypes already in hands of select handful of holster manufacturers.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors