Some SHOT 2019 press on the XCR - Page 2
Like Tree4Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some SHOT 2019 press on the XCR

Right behind the eight ball, between the rock and the hard place.
    It will take someone with a degree in mechanical engineering to best calculate where and how to shave weight from the XCR. There are places in the lower where an ounce or two could be removed. A few places in the upper. A heavy barrel fluted to the same stiffness as a light barrel should weigh less than a light barrel. Perhaps a couple ounces could be removed from the stock. Titanium pins and screws would save a little but will only be worth the cost to the gram counting weenies.
    No,,he's chaos, I'm mayhem,,,we're a duo act,,

always looking for M96 stuff

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    This was a few years back but I thought Alex had mentioned Shilen blanks on the Ms. DO NOT quote me on that. standard KM upper, light 1/9 with 3 chamber brake, FAST 1, MOE SL grip, no sights 7# 2oz.
    Don't know about the Ms....pretty sure the Ls used to be ER Shaw.

And at 7 lbs 2 oz....that's actually pretty respectable compared to most ARs. At 6 lbs, 2 ozs....I'd personally love that weight, but I'm not so sure it would garner a lot more attention.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Poly lowers could cut their production cost as well. Add swappable magwell into that equation? Hell, I would love to be able to run AK mags along with the 7.62x39 conversion.
    Last edited by fmunk; 02-01-2019 at 08:21 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Poly lowers could cut their production cost as well. Add swappable magwell into that equation? Hell, I would love to be able to run AK mags along with the 7.62x39 conversion.
    Not a fan of swappable magwells.....

I'd much rather see a dedicated AK mag lower....but that is super unlikely to happen on this platform; the main reason the CZ Bren S2 is attractive to me.

Poly lowers would likely increase their costs....though I don't know how their production is set up. If they own the CNCs they produce the lowers on currently, it would likely take a huge volume of sales of poly lowers to make up the cost of the molds and the outsourcing, since I highly doubt RA would want to invest in injection molding machinery.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

When I bought my L, I bought it for the piston system and the caliber change. I did not think of the weight but it was a little surprising. I don't regret making the decision. Less weight would be nice but not necessary at this point, the barrel mount would be nice though if it would give a little more accuracy and consistency for all owners.
    Now though the price compared to some ARs due to the market is what is I think affecting more new owners.
    Plus I have met some pretty decent people on here, if they are who they seem to be from behind the keyboards and they All have been thus far.
    Sean K. likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Sean, I thought the bren 762x39 mags were proprietary.

Eta: just read there's a swap for the ak style
    Last edited by navalbeaver; 02-02-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Sean, I thought the bren 762x39 mags were proprietary.

Eta: just read there's a swap for the ak style

Hmm...I was talking about the XCR for a dedicated AK mag lower, but I'd be interested in a swap for the Bren to AK mags...though I'm skeptical about such "magwell swaps". Yes, the Bren S2 x39 mags are proprietary....and run about $30 each IIRC. I'm still interested in it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Hmm...I was talking about the XCR for a dedicated AK mag lower, but I'd be interested in a swap for the Bren to AK mags...though I'm skeptical about such "magwell swaps". Yes, the Bren S2 x39 mags are proprietary....and run about $30 each IIRC. I'm still interested in it though.
    Did some more digging. It looks like it's proprietary but some dude on YouTube got ak pmags to work.

Did some more digging. It looks like it's proprietary but some dude on YouTube got ak pmags to work.
    Did bolt hold open work with the Pmags? I don't get why Magpul is so against an AK having BHO followers like the Yugos. I run nothing but Yugo mags in AKs for that reason. HUGE difference in functionality.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors