C products mag question for XCR

Thread: C products mag question for XCR

C products mag question for XCR

Aluminum or Stainless steel body mags???

Reason I ask is Palmetto State Armory is running a sale on all sorts of mags. Gonna order some (for my XCR on order) to diversify and have something other than PMAGS.

Gonna order some with orange anti tilt followers but don't know whether to get alum or SS.

http://www.palmettostatearmory.com/

I'd like to get my new XCR with new trigger and new ambi safety selector plzzzzzzzzz Terra...... ;

Re: C products mag question for XCR

Something I read about the SS magazines.. Any truth to it?

"Weighing only slightly more than their standard, Mil-Spec aluminum counterparts, these magazines feature a stronger body composed of stainless steel for a long service life in demanding conditions. Internal components include an anti-tilt follower and chrome silicon spring. Made to US military specifications and legal for use in Service Rifle matches".
    I'd like to get my new XCR with new trigger and new ambi safety selector plzzzzzzzzz Terra...... ;

Steel bodies will last a lot longer (indefinitely if you take care of them properly) and can handle a lot more abuse than Aluminum. Aluminum will wear out eventually. And the steel mags don't weigh that much more than aluminum. Besides, unless you are an anorexic 12 year old you probably won't even notice the weight difference when carrying even a dozen of them.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

BTW, that's a really good price on those mags. That's even a little cheaper than I get them from Cproducts directly with my military discount, and I think the shipping is cheaper too.

BTW, that's a really good price on those mags. That's even a little cheaper than I get them from Cproducts directly with my military discount, and I think the shipping is cheaper too.
    + 1 except for the military discount.I got stainless.the weight difference is hardly noticeable.I'm not crazy about the finish on them,but that easy to fix.Damn good price!

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

Have heard the straight stainless 20 rounders are superb, but some have issues with the 30 stainless & aluminum versions.

I myself bought some D&H Industries 30 round aluminum mags with the deep black teflon finnish & the magpul enhanced followers. http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/AR-15...h%20bt30mf.htm

And then bought some C-Products straight 20 stainless steal mags.

Zero issues with them.

Maybe I will try some C-Products 30 round stainless someday, I like steel over aluminum, but after hearing of issues with them, I stood clear & honestly would stick to a 20 round stainless mag & have no issue trusting it ever!

Sponsors