Gun Broker.............
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By Merlin

Thread: Gun Broker.............

Gun Broker.............

Just wanted to vent and post a recent experience I had on GB. Let's just say first that GB does not really care to protect buyers, at least that is my take on it.
    I found a receiver set NIB at a really good price to make an AR pistol. The listing had a Buy Now and Auction for the item, lowest bid in the Auction happened to be the Buy Now price. So I mistakenly Bid on the item and had to sweat it out until the end of the auction, which I happened to win as no one else bid against me.
    Received the normal congratulatory email from GB and the seller. The seller's email directing me to their web site to complete the transaction, which I did. Apparently they do a lot of selling through GB and their inventory is supposedly tied into putting items up there.
    Now comes the interesting part, 3 days later I get an email from the seller's shopping software that the order was canceled. So I immediately called to find out what the issue was and was told that the manager canceled the order because some employee put the incorrect part number in inventory so the set was supposed to be a receiver only.
    Done finito, that was it!!
    Contacted them through GB and got another email with 'incorrect listing' so it was canceled.
    Contacted GB too and nothing back from them!!Name:  pissed.gif
Views: 56
Size:  2.3 KBName:  angry_cuss.gif
Views: 56
Size:  1.9 KB

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

That sucks. So much for the "contract". GB has slipped lately. I've been using them as a seller and a buyer for awhile. Generally a solid experience but after their last fee bump and their web site redesign, I'm not as happy. It takes me may more clicks in my account to get to my "watching" and the default for that lists the auctions with the longest time remaining.... WTF? I can re sort it but it always comes back to the longest time. Anyway, still way better than guns america.
    Merlin likes this.

What was the bid for?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    That sucks. So much for the "contract". GB has slipped lately. I've been using them as a seller and a buyer for awhile. Generally a solid experience but after their last fee bump and their web site redesign, I'm not as happy. It takes me may more clicks in my account to get to my "watching" and the default for that lists the auctions with the longest time remaining.... WTF? I can re sort it but it always comes back to the longest time. Anyway, still way better than guns america.
    Agreed Nate. Guns America doesn't give me a good feeling. There is no feedback if I recall so you don't know at least some history of the seller. GB new update is confusing for sure.
    I asked the seller to do the honourable thing but they were very curt, basically F you, you can't do anything. I looked at their feedbacks afterwards and the negative ones were basically for the same reason as mine. The upsetting thing is, if the bidding had escalated to a price they liked they would have gladly followed through with the order. I just left a negative F rated feedback, it was all I could do. They don't probably care anyway as most of their ratings were A's and they had over 30K positive ratings.
    Sean K. likes this.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    What was the bid for?
    Angstadt Arms 45 set.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Sponsors