Hudson H9 On Sale $599 at GrabaGun
Like Tree12Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hudson H9 On Sale $599 at GrabaGun

Hudson H9 On Sale $599 at GrabaGun

https://grabagun.com/hudson-hud001-h...=Daily%20Email

I guess the demand dropped off pretty quickly. I know there were a lot of people interested....

They were going for over $1100 as I recall.

JFYI...can't vouch for the quality. I just know some here mentioned interest and this sounds like a great price based on the original MSRP.
    Merlin likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Hudson just filed for bankruptcy. I think I'd read 10-40 million of debt.
    Merlin likes this.

Just read the comments...Hudson filed for bankruptcy so that explains the price drop. No warranty obviously and parts will be impossible to get (not to mention spare mags or any aftermarket accessories).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I’m sure someone will come in at the last min and buy up their patents and restart production.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Merlin likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

A good a time as any to post my review.
    I bought a used one last year sometime and only recently had time to shoot it, approximately 50-100 rounds. Anyway I had no issues and really like how it shoots. Like some though I thought the trigger needed some getting used to, as I noticed the safety more than I do on a Glock or M&P. I guess my "pull" is towards the side of the trigger and it felt like the safety was 'pinching' the pad a little. It was accurate and shot very well, very well made.
    Then I emailed them before SHOT to ask about their thumb safety and 1911 trigger w/o the safety and never received a response. I found out later that they were being sued by one of their original suppliers.
    Wanted to get 3 more magazines to have and/or just buy another one cheap as a spare for parts or what not. What do you guys think?

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"
    "It Is A Weak Man Who Urges Compromise!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
    I bought a used one last year sometime and only recently had time to shoot it, approximately 50-100 rounds. Anyway I had no issues and really like how it shoots. Like some though I thought the trigger needed some getting used to, as I noticed the safety more than I do on a Glock or M&P. I guess my "pull" is towards the side of the trigger and it felt like the safety was 'pinching' the pad a little. It was accurate and shot very well, very well made.
    Then I emailed them before SHOT to ask about their thumb safety and 1911 trigger w/o the safety and never received a response. I found out later that they were being sued by one of their original suppliers.
    Wanted to get 3 more magazines to have and/or just buy another one cheap as a spare for parts or what not. What do you guys think?
    I dunno....I was never enthralled with the concept to begin with. Apparently, based on the lack of sales, it doesn't appear many other people were either.

If you really like the gun, I'd buy another (as you said, for spare parts). I don't know if the $600 price tag is good or not. They may go for dirt cheap later or, if as TTE said, someone starts producing again, they could go way back up in price.

I think they missed the niche with this gun. At that old MSRP price point, why not just buy a 1911? This was touted as a Glock with a 1911 trigger....but you can make a Glock trigger pretty damn good for less than $200 in a $500 pistol. Not sure this market actually exists.

Thanks Sean. Haven't made up my mind yet. I took a chance on the one I had and I guess I lucked out so far with it. Good thing I didn't pay anything like what they were going for in the beginning, around the price of your Glock with trigger work.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

LOL!! Should have bought it I guess. Just decided to look at GrabAGun and they raised it to $799 today.

"Be Vigilant and Safe!!"
    "Molon Labe!!"

Thanks Sean. Haven't made up my mind yet. I took a chance on the one I had and I guess I lucked out so far with it. Good thing I didn't pay anything like what they were going for in the beginning, around the price of your Glock with trigger work.
    And I'm definitely no expert on them. Haven't even seen one in person. Demand at $600 must've been good for them to raise the price $200. That says something about the collectability, I would think.

If you like it enough to keep it and continue to shoot it (instead of putting it away as a future collector item), absolutely. Can always sell the spare.
    Last edited by fmunk; 03-20-2019 at 09:50 PM.
    Merlin likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors