Free ideas for RA and random musing
Like Tree13Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Free ideas for RA and random musing

Free ideas for RA and random musing

Since pistol caliber carbines are all the rage now, if one could call it that, how tough would it be for RA to scale down the XCR-L design into a multi-caliber PCC? What about 357sig? It's too snappy as a handgun round for some. Seems it would be better suited for PCC. Yet, none exists that I know of.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I don’t get the hype of PCCs.

It’s like ... “hey let’s take all the great things about a rifle, and add all the bad things of a pistol, and sell it for a silly price!”

IDK. Maybe I’m just getting old.

Either way, I don’t think it’s worth the R&D to RA since they wouldn’t sell that many units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sean K. and RobertSlaughter like this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    I don’t get the hype of PCCs.

It’s like ... “hey let’s take all the great things about a rifle, and add all the bad things of a pistol, and sell it for a silly price!”

IDK. Maybe I’m just getting old.

Either way, I don’t think it’s worth the R&D to RA since they wouldn’t sell that many units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well, the way they have supported the XCR-L and its owners, one could also argue none of it is worth their time. For musing's sake, it would be interesting if such a thing existed... in 357sig too. Heck, it'd be interesting to see a carbine in 357mag too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

RE: .357 magnum rimmed cases would have trouble feeding in a magazine though.........
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Wasn't there a tease on their FB page way back about a PCC? Either way, it was long enough ago that it would seem nothing came of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    RE: .357 magnum rimmed cases would have trouble feeding in a magazine though.........
    Yes, but Coonan seems have to gotten past that? Just would be fun see that round in something other than a lever gun.

Based on the ballistics/energy....seems like the 10mm has just as much energy available; depending on ammo. Making me want to look at a G20 frankly, LOL.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I don't need another gun but with kriss offering the extended 10mm mags, I've been entertaining a 10mm vector....

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Based on the ballistics/energy....seems like the 10mm has just as much energy available; depending on ammo. Making me want to look at a G20 frankly, LOL.
    I've been keeping a casual eye open for a G20 upper to slap on my 21SF. 10mm PCC would definitely be cool.
    Sean K. likes this.

Glock, IMO, needs to make a G29X and G30X. Give them a "compact" length grip that most can get a full grip on...the size of the G19. That *should* give at least 12 rounds to the G29X and 10 rounds to the G30X...which isn't a gain over the current G30 except it doesn't utilize that extended mag base.

I can't figure out why the current G29 only holds 10 rounds. It should hold 12 as is based on the fact that the G20 holds 15 and the G21 holds 13 rounds while the G30 holds 3 less...which means the current G29 should hold 3 less; not 5 less.
    fmunk likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors