Serial Number for Lower Receiver to Type 2 Change?

Thread: Serial Number for Lower Receiver to Type 2 Change?

Serial Number for Lower Receiver to Type 2 Change?

So all of my Ls have the Type 1 bolt and carrier. Seen below.

Serial Number for Lower Receiver to Type 2 Change?-xcr-bolt-carrier-types.png

I have some spare parts to assemble another XCR but I want it to be a Type 1 Lower Receiver (with the buffer attached to the lower receiver; not the bolt carrier). Seen here:

Serial Number for Lower Receiver to Type 2 Change?-xcr-receivr-backs-types.png

I can't just buy a Type 1 Lower from RobArms AFAIK....someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm betting they don't have any new "old" stock. So that means I need to find a used rifle or lower from a specific serial number range to get all the features I want without having to substantially upgrade the lower, making the whole project cost prohibitive over just buying a new one.

As near as I can guess, SN8500 range is the earliest the Type 2 Lower Receiver came about. This is probably a question for Nate or Kermit as they're the most likely to know (or someone from RA which their support here is pretty spotty)...but does anyone know an approximate SN range (we all know SN isn't perfect, but is just a general guideline) for when the Type 2 Lower and Type 2 Bolt Carrier went in to effect?

Also, is it safe to say that by SN4500 the new "Type 2" or "enhanced" trigger group was the standard offering?

If my numbers are close, I only have a 4K SN range to look at in the used market. Probably a needle in a haystack scenario, but I am interested in at least trying.

Thanks,
    Sean
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I haven't asked but, like you said, I don't think RA is making/has any of the type 1s.

Not exactly sure about the type 2. I didn't annotate the xcrs that I've seen. I was thinking it might be a little higher but that's just a WAG. Externally, you can tell by the extra material removed from the carrier. "Most" of the used xcrs I've seen on GB are type 1.

My first XCR was 38XX. They started offering the updated trigger and ambi safety as standard shortly after I got mine.

With the various configurations/ options it's hard to nail down the transitions.

What config are you looking for?

Hm. Maybe it's time for me to let mine go to go a good home.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I haven't asked but, like you said, I don't think RA is making/has any of the type 1s.

Not exactly sure about the type 2. I didn't annotate the xcrs that I've seen. I was thinking it might be a little higher but that's just a WAG. Externally, you can tell by the extra material removed from the carrier. "Most" of the used xcrs I've seen on GB are type 1.

My first XCR was 38XX. They started offering the updated trigger and ambi safety as standard shortly after I got mine.

With the various configurations/ options it's hard to nail down the transitions.

What config are you looking for?

Yeah...my first was a 34XX and then a 37XX...and the new enhanced triggers came out right after that....figured 4500 was a good guess. I have some 82XX lowers that have all the features I want...but mainly I'm looking for integrated trigger guard (which was already well into the 3K SNs) and enhanced trigger. Ambi mag release and the newer ramped BHO would be nice, but I can add that later. It'd be great if it came with a FAST, but it's not totally necessary that it come with a stock at all since I've got one lying around.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Hm. Maybe it's time for me to let mine go to go a good home.
    Yours is a X39??

I have both 5.56 and x39. Rifle bought new from Kermit in late '10 or early '11 with 5.56. FDE cerakote.I picked up the x39 conversion from a member here. It has the type 1 everything. Enhanced trigger. Magpul MIAD grip. Keymod upper bought new from Nate 2 or 3 years ago (has seen little action since, mostly shoot my DT SRS when I'm able to get out). Have 5.56, x39 and universal deflector. FDE Troy Micros. In terms of stocks: have RA's FAST and ACR Enhanced with adapter (never installed), plus a fixed M4 adapter from one of the Canadian companies, can't recall which. Oh, the 5.56 barrel is a 1/9 heavy fluted and profiled (aft of gas block) by ADCO, chopped and pinned to a AAC 51T brake. the X39 barrel is standard stock with RA's brake. I think that covers all, will have to take a detailed inventory when I have more time.
    Last edited by fmunk; 06-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Sponsors