Odd XCR-L Listing on Gunbroker
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: Odd XCR-L Listing on Gunbroker

Odd XCR-L Listing on Gunbroker

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/819994489

Says it's a custom build by RA. Must be fairly old....before Keymod uppers...as the side picatinny rails were milled off (supposedly by RA).

Has the Type 1 gas, but the Type 2 bolt.

Sold as a pistol, but with a FAST stock making it an instant "constructive possession" package if one doesn't already have a stamp for an XCR.

Price is pretty ridiculous for one that old even if it really is new.

2 calibers...5.56 10" and X39 16". No CC , only cash, check, money order, etc. and no returns or exchanges.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

That one has been up there for a long time. When it was first posted it wasn't a terrible price but with the updates on the platform, it's not going to sell at that.

I think the "kit" form is good per the ATF. It's in line with the T/C contender pistol kit with long barrel stock. I'd have to go back and find their opinion.

They haven't had it listed as long as the WIHUNTER guy has had his up...several years at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    That one has been up there for a long time. When it was first posted it wasn't a terrible price but with the updates on the platform, it's not going to sell at that.

I think the "kit" form is good per the ATF. It's in line with the T/C contender pistol kit with long barrel stock. I'd have to go back and find their opinion.

They haven't had it listed as long as the WIHUNTER guy has had his up...several years at this point.
    Yeah...figured it had to be super old and not moving.

Didn't realize the "kit" thing would be okay since T/C got a special exemption for their specific firearms. So does that mean one can go back and for with an XCR between pistol and rifle like the T/C?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Yeah...figured it had to be super old and not moving.

Didn't realize the "kit" thing would be okay since T/C got a special exemption for their specific firearms. So does that mean one can go back and for with an XCR between pistol and rifle like the T/C?
    Current accepted rule/opinion:

If it was a rifle first, you can't go back. If it was built as a pistol first, you can go to rifle then back to pistol. Issues arise when you start asking how you "prove" how it was built first. With a firearm transferred initially as a "rifle" it's pretty easy. If you buy a stripped/virgin receiver and build it as a "rifle" first, you kind of screwed yourself.... buuutt... who's to say you didn't build it as a pistol first? I recommend to all my customers, and I do the same, that all your receivers are built as pistols first.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Current accepted rule/opinion:

If it was a rifle first, you can't go back. If it was built as a pistol first, you can go to rifle then back to pistol. Issues arise when you start asking how you "prove" how it was built first. With a firearm transferred initially as a "rifle" it's pretty easy. If you buy a stripped/virgin receiver and build it as a "rifle" first, you kind of screwed yourself.... buuutt... who's to say you didn't build it as a pistol first? I recommend to all my customers, and I do the same, that all your receivers are built as pistols first.
    Makes sense....my FFL said similar. He transfers all lowers as just lower receivers....not as rifle lowers. Then you can build whatever you want essentially.

Sponsors