Pistol Lower
Like Tree3Likes
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pistol Lower

G2 [OP]

Pistol Lower

Hey guys,
    whats the going price for a XCR-L pistol lower...

Thanks in advance...
    And if someone has one for sale or trade...chime in

$425 or so is the basic lower for an -L, no stock from RA...but that was several years back and in standard black color. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher now.

I bought a used one from Nate this year for $350ish IIRC.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

G2 [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    $425 or so is the basic lower for an -L, no stock from RA...but that was several years back and in standard black color. I wouldn't be surprised if it was higher now.

I bought a used one from Nate this year for $350ish IIRC.
    10-4.... thank you for the info
    So, I'm not out of my mind looking to trade my G19 for a pistol lower....
    Last edited by G2; 09-01-2019 at 08:37 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

$200 for a stripped lower plus shipping & transfer.

Then in swap your own parts.

Will

Without a sale it's not worth it to sell them any less than retail after shipping to me then out after that. Not sure how RA would do it for a retail customer but the stripped ones that I've received had a rough, uneven finish on them.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Without a sale it's not worth it to sell them any less than retail after shipping to me then out after that. Not sure how RA would do it for a retail customer but the stripped ones that I've received had a rough, uneven finish on them.
    And it's not like an AR where you can pick up a LPK anywhere. RA has you over a barrel on that. You aren't saving any money buying them separate unless you had a broken lower receiver (which I don't think has ever been reported) to pillage for the LPK.

If the lower is only $200 stripped, another $225 in LPK seems pretty exorbitant....but I guess that's if my "old" price of $425 for a complete lower (minus the stock obviously) is correct.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    10-4.... thank you for the info
    So, I'm not out of my mind looking to trade my G19 for a pistol lower....
    I think it's extremely unlikely to get a XCR-L lower for sale by itself though. I got lucky that Nate was willing to part one....and it likely won't technically be a "pistol" lower....but when it's transferred, apparently there's a gray area with ATF RE: if the used lower is transferred as just a lower receiver, the new owner can build it as a pistol even though it may have left the factory as a rifle.
    G2 likes this.

The only reason I bought the stripped ones from RA was because I'd had lower parts sitting around from when I first started dealing with them.

I hadn't heard about the "reset" for the transfer of a preowned receiver. It makes sense as an FFL to log it in the book as it appears. Without some clarification or documentation from the shipper, you can't be sur .

Another reason to just have "firearms". Your can have them or your can't. Get rid of the bullshit length restrictions and what was built first etc.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    The only reason I bought the stripped ones from RA was because I'd had lower parts sitting around from when I first started dealing with them.

I hadn't heard about the "reset" for the transfer of a preowned receiver. It makes sense as an FFL to log it in the book as it appears. Without some clarification or documentation from the shipper, you can't be sur .

Another reason to just have "firearms". Your can have them or your can't. Get rid of the bullshit length restrictions and what was built first etc.
    My FFL told me that and said he just logs them in as lower receivers for that reason...provided they come in as just lowers (no upper attached). Then the customer can do whatever they want.

G2 [OP]
    Crap! So basically there are no lowers available pistol or rifle? I’m sure I could convince my ffl that a lower (no stock) was a “pistol” lower and therefore it would get registered as such. All would be well

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors