XCR-M with L calibers
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: XCR-M with L calibers

XCR-M with L calibers

So here's my question. Could you design the XCR-M to work like the desert tech MDR. The MDR is in 308 with a 5.56 conversion that I believe is just a bolt head, barrel and magwell insert. So why can't we have a XCR-M with the same options to run all the L conversion kits? I understand that the barrels would have to be redesigned to fit into the M upper. (I'm assuming a different OD for the M chamber).
    What are everyone's thoughts.
    Who wouldn't like 1 rifle with 10 calibers options.

Why can't you also design an AR10 to take AR15 5.56 mags? B/c it's not cost effective.

I wouldn't want one....too many failure points. And....A lot of unnecessary weight for the L...which is already too portly compared to the AR competition.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 09-03-2019 at 11:49 AM.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

XCR-M with L calibers-20190628_211835.jpgI recently picked up a Colt 901 16SE that does just that. Magwell insert ,buffer & spring swap ,and 5.56mm upper pinned on. I even tried my Kuehl Precision dedicated 22lr upper . it worked. still haven't tried the 9mm. 2 magwell inserts may not leave enough mag catch exposed.
    Last edited by SSBiggun; 09-04-2019 at 11:01 AM. Reason: more info & pic.
    A M16 is a fancy city girl, sexy as hell, but a bit moody. It's all good as long as you take her to the clubs and get what she asks. If you cross the? line, its over.

An AK is a naughty girl, all in latex and with a whip begging you to be naughty. The nastier you are the happier she is. Its clear that she wont dump you, you'll have to do that on your own.
    The XCR is the perfect blend of both. Sexy as hell but willing to let you beat her and filthy her up and then beg for more.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

SCAR-17 has a conversion system also: SOAR-H556

Change the lower, the operating rod, the barrel and bolt and the recoil springs and pew-pew'ing 5.56 or .300BO

Hi Desert Dog https://hi-desertdog.com/fnh-scar-16...scar-h556.html

NEW HDD SOAR-H556 CONVERSION KIT FOR THE SCAR 17S, TURNS YOUR SCAR HEAVY INTO A SCAR LIGHT, 7.62 TO 5.56. KIT HAS A HDD SOAR-H556 LOWER RECEIVER IN BLACK, A H-5.56 BOLT ASSEMBLY, A 5.56 BARREL ASSEMBLY, A RECOIL BUFFER AND A 30RND MAGAZINE. THE LOWER RECEIVER FITS THE SCAR 17S BUT HAS A 5.56 MAGWELL AND IS MADE FROM AIRCRAFT GRADE 7075 T6 ALUMINUM. THE BOLT IS A 5.56 THAT WORKS WITH THE SCAR 17 COMPONENTS. THE BARREL IS A FN SCAR 16, 5.56 ASSEMBLY ADJUSTED TO FUNCTION WITH THE HEAVIER SCAR 17S ACTION AND YOU CAN CHOOSE BETWEEN 10" SBR LENGTH OR STANDARD 16". THE RECOIL BUFFER DAMPENS FELT RECOIL AND CAN BE USRD ON THE 7.62 AS WELL. THE MAGAZINE IS A FNH SCAR 16 30RND.
    YOU CAN SWITCH CALIBERS IN 5 MINUTES. WITH THIS KIT YOU CAN ALSO CONVERT YOUR SCAR 17S TO 6.8SPC II, 7.62X39 RUSSIAN AND THE SILENCER FRIENDLY 300 AAC BLACKOUT. WE HAVE THE COMPONENTS TO COMPLETE THESE CONVERSIONS.

Its about as pricey as a SCAR-16 though, with LIMITED availability.

So OP, yes, with enough money ANYTHING is THEORETICALLY possible; but, bang for buck, it may not have the value to make such a critter for a platform that is still gaining popularity.

~Will
    Last edited by Willy-D; 09-04-2019 at 03:05 PM.

Yeah well and the military ditched the SCAR16 for the SCAR17 (with 5.56 conversion kits, if they need them) and is now slowly walking away from the SCAR all together... and moving towards yet another caliber (specifics of which I can't recall off the top of my head).

Conversion capability sounds good on paper but ultimate having complete ready-to-go at any moment's notice is far more practical and realistic. If the mission or occasion calls for a 5.56, it doesn't make sense for the grunt to lug around the weight of a "battle rifle" when he could be carrying a much lighter rifle plus more ammo.
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Yeah well and the military ditched the SCAR16 for the SCAR17 (with 5.56 conversion kits, if they need them) and is now slowly walking away from the SCAR all together... and moving towards yet another caliber (specifics of which I can't recall off the top of my head).

Conversion capability sounds good on paper but ultimate having complete ready-to-go at any moment's notice is far more practical and realistic. If the mission or occasion calls for a 5.56, it doesn't make sense for the grunt to lug around the weight of a "battle rifle" when he could be carrying a much lighter rifle plus more ammo.
    I'll just have one XCR in 5.56 with a caliber kit in the other calibers I desire....... I type while I stare at a rack of complete XCRs in various configurations, some in the same caliber.... First world.
    fmunk and Sean K. like this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    I'll just have one XCR in 5.56 with a caliber kit in the other calibers I desire....... I type while I stare at a rack of complete XCRs in various configurations, some in the same caliber.... First world.
    And soon, may I tempt you in another? lol
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

G2
    Still want a damn pistol.....

Sponsors