Beware of the Christians....
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Sean K.
  • 2 Post By fmunk
  • 1 Post By TTEngineer

Thread: Beware of the Christians....

G2 [OP]

Beware of the Christians....😱

Last edited by G2; 09-04-2019 at 07:43 PM.

While I may personally agree that our nation and system of government was built to work only for a moral/religious people (to paraphrase John Adams)....

This quote (from our magnificent quote thread) would also apply:

"To impose beliefs derived from faith on people who do not share them is as despotic as it is ineffectual."

That said, the article is a pretty good warning to American Christians that they are about to be tied to the White Separatist/Nationalist movement as much as the media possibly can. "Christian Identity" groups have long been on SPLC's target list as outliers of White Supremacy or down right co-conspirators. It's not surprising the left is making this jump.

Everything has unfortunately become perception based now....and the media is going to try and craft that narrative.
    G2 and Merlin like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

There is too much overgeneralization out there (and here). There are people on the left who are also Christians. IMO, the lesson to all is to not be divisive. But treat others with tolerance and acceptance as you would a neighbor... y'know what Jesus preached?

No one is perfect, but both sides have drifted too far apart and it's become too tribal. IMO, the systematic destruction of the middle class plays a role in that too but I'm not going to get too far into the weeds. It's futile.

FWIW: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...balism/568342/
    Last edited by fmunk; 09-04-2019 at 10:21 PM.
    G2 and Merlin like this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

G2 [OP]
    Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    There is too much overgeneralization out there (and here). There are people on the left who are also Christians. IMO, the lesson to all is to not be divisive. But treat others with tolerance and acceptance as you would a neighbor... y'know what Jesus preached?

No one is perfect, but both sides have drifted too far apart and it's become too tribal. IMO, the systematic destruction of the middle class plays a role in that too but I'm not going to get too far into the weeds. It's futile.

FWIW: https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine...balism/568342/
    Good article....

Quote Originally Posted by G2 View Post
    Good article....
    Please like and share! Just kidding. Yeah, it struck me as the best piece of journalism I've seen in a long while; great food for thoughts.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Religion, in my opinion, is a tool to control the small and weak minded of those among us.

I don’t need an imagery daddy floating over head to scare me to be moral. I’ll treat others as I would like to be treated. Because it’s right, not because a book written 2000 years ago says I have to.

Having said that, I’ll also say this:

Not every Christian I’ve met is an asshole, but every asshole I’ve met identifies as a Christian. I’ve always been leery of people who describe themselves as “Christian” or “religious”, as if it validates them in some way.

Now onto the article.

Religion needs to leave politics. Period.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    fmunk likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Sponsors