Anyone Milled Off Their Picatinny Rails for M-Lok?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver

Thread: Anyone Milled Off Their Picatinny Rails for M-Lok?

Anyone Milled Off Their Picatinny Rails for M-Lok?

I know some folks milled them off and slotted them...not sure if they did so for KM or M-Lok accessories.

The M-Lok slots are obviously easier to cut than KeyMod.

I've got at least 4 or 5 uppers laying around now with Pic rails and would like to potentially mill at least one of them off and put in M-Lok slots (I like KM better, but am trying to keep the job as simple as possible).

The question I have is:

Is the upper thick enough for M-Lok accessories if I mill the Picatinny rails flush with the rest of the handguard like the factory does with KeyMod?

I know Rob Arms actually leaves additional material on the outside of the handguard for the M-Lok slots, but IIRC, Nate (or someone else) said that you couldn't fit the M-Lok hardware between the bbl and the inside of the handguard. I have no idea if the inside of the current RA M-Lok handguards are recessed to accommodate the hardware or if the outside is just thicker to add strength.

Any input appreciated.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

This guy did. https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/7-gen...per-m-lok.html

Part of the mlok issue was being able to pull the barrel with the mlok attached.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    This guy did. https://www.xcrforum.com/forum/7-gen...per-m-lok.html

Part of the mlok issue was being able to pull the barrel with the mlok attached.
    Thanks Nate....

Good thread.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Sponsors