What Would Stoner Do 2020
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By DSM
  • 2 Post By CB3

Thread: What Would Stoner Do 2020

What Would Stoner Do 2020

I'm intrigued by this from a historical standpoint. On the other hand, "yet another AR".

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

DSM
    I watched their earlier builds and videos on this topic and found some of their ideas intriguing but disagreed with others. Some are solely preference based of course and I’m sure they’d disagree with me as well. The options are so many and varied nowadays it’s an interesting exercise to speculate.
    bgreed likes this.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Pretty fun to think about. I'm guessing Stoner would have probably designed a different platform, maybe something hybrid. Maybe an AR-180 on a AR-15 lower. I guess Brownells already did that. I get this feeling they're using Stoner as an unpaid silent partner. WWSD is pretty good marketing. But in reality, it's here's our new and improved lower, because our old one sucked.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I'd love to know what JMB would design today.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

CB3
    Very interesting, but still,
    lipstick on a pig, IMO.
    The AR platform will never excite me because of its lack of ergonomics, it’s awful array of tiny fragile parts, and the whole idea of shitting where you eat.

It’s a sheeple platform. It’s only advantage, and it’s significant, is ubiquity.

It is no longer modern, no matter the “updates and upgrades”. There are much better platforms today, the Robarms XCR chief among many.

JMO
    Sean K. and fmunk like this.

I have to agree. Hell, I even prefer AKs over ARs.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I love my original Colt SP1 rifle which I bought new. For a long time I had modified it with different buttstocks and upper assemblies but grew tired of the quad rails, collapsible polymer buttstocks and heavier barrels. Now its back to all original and I remember why I liked the platform so much to start with. I'm very much interested in this new Stoner 2020 project.

[QUOTE=CB3;307758]Very interesting, but still,
    lipstick on a pig, IMO.
    The AR platform will never excite me because of its lack of ergonomics, it’s awful array of tiny fragile parts, and the whole idea of shitting where you eat.

It’s a sheeple platform. It’s only advantage, and it’s significant, is ubiquity.

It is no longer modern, no matter the “updates and upgrades”. There are much better platforms today, the Robarms XCR chief among many.

JMO[/QUOTE

I agree with most of that. The AR has pretty spectacular ergos. Sure the charging handle kind of sucks and the safety pivots 30-45 degrees too far. But, the rest of it gets the shit done. And it set the standard.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Sponsors