Shot show 2020 - Page 6
Like Tree21Likes
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shot show 2020

fmunk likes this.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Best review I've seen on the M10X by a man I truly respect.

SHOT was different this year. It was a slower show. 1911s and ARs have slowed way down. Almost no booth babes and very little swag. Several regular companies were not there. Several companies moved off the main floor to the dungeon. A lot of foreigners. Less people overall.

There was a one day (Wednesday) pop up booths on the fifth floor. It was so busy up there, but all new start ups. Lots of fun and lots of energy. Probably, more like it should be.
    Sean K. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    The last booth I visited was M+M . The M10X is very nice. It has improved since I saw it 4 years ago. Fit and finish are much better. Great controls, more like an AR. Three pound crisp trigger. Monolithic upper. Charging handle can be swapped side to side, but reciprocates. Three position gas afjustment. Three lug bolt, very similar to the XCR bolt. Uses AK mags. Barrel is easy to replace. The guy told me 2-3 inch groups with wolf. 1.5 inch with good ammo. I really like this rifle. Sorry, I didn't get a picture, they were trying to close up.
    Friend has one....heavy. It's basically just an AK that has left side charging. Price is too high for what it is, but it's a nice rifle overall. I've got like 4 AKs now....I don't see any advantage to adding this to the collection.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Friend has one....heavy. It's basically just an AK that has left side charging. Price is too high for what it is, but it's a nice rifle overall. I've got like 4 AKs now....I don't see any advantage to adding this to the collection.
    Yeah, I figured it'd be heavy. Looks it. Aside from being designed from the start for modern optics, you're right, no advantage over actual AKs (especially when decent US made ones are under $1k).
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Yeah...my only complaint about my PSA AKP is the rear sight is fixed.

I actually really like my M92 the best out of all my AKs. I wouldn't mind another.

AK just seems to not really lend itself to optics....and that's fine.

Now that I'm happy with the Unimags, my X39 XCR with a 9" bbl is actually quickly becoming a favorite. With the adjustable gas and red dot....it's actually quite a bit faster than the AKs.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

I find this pretty interesting; applying bolt action chassis ideas to the AR. Looks heavy though.

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Sponsors