Hello and hope everyone is well
Like Tree26Likes
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hello and hope everyone is well

Hello and hope everyone is well

Been a while. Thought I'd check and say hello to my friends here. Hope all is well with you and yours.

A bit of rambling...

I was on a business trip last week in the Cinci area, on behalf of Mazda North American Operations. Came back to SoCal to find the world has gone mad. My fridge was pretty empty when I left for the trip. The local grocers were already 90% sold out the morning after my return. Far worse now. Will venture out as soon as I click "submit" here to round up more food.

At local gun stores, by what I've read online, are/were inundated by customers. Some people waited over 2 hours just to do a private party to private party transfer (here everything has to be logged through FFL). Glad I have no reason to join those lines. And, seeing as there's been no interest on my -L lower, once the dust settles, I am thinking of sending it to RA to be upgraded to the latest specs and order a new complete upper at some later date.

I am also seeing an uptick of anti-asian ignorance, both nationally and locally. As an naturalized Asian American who pledges allegiance to no other and calls this nation home, this saddens me. It's brought back a lot of pain that I experience as a young man decades ago. My county still issues CCWs. I never could think of a legitimate reason for wanting one (to put down on the application). I guess I do now?

Anyway, stay safe all. We're all in the same boat. And, like any storm, this too shall pass.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Fuck the haters, bro. Skin color shouldn't mean shit anymore (never should have) & quality of character is all that counts and you are a stand up dude.

Good luck finding what you need.....that's not sarcasm; just recognition of how fragile our distribution systems are. Praying for you...hopefully that gesture doesn't offend...just wishing you the best in the only way I know how.

I'm afraid we are just at the beginning of what could be a very long shit storm. Keep your powder dry gentlemen.
    fmunk and TexasChris like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Went for a supply run yesterday and restocked. I've also signed up for HelloFresh to avoid making these runs and increasing my exposure to the greater public. Funny thing about the discrimination, the various asian owned grocers are well stocked and more civilized than usual. The irony has lightened my mood. Shit storm is right. Brace for recession.
    Sean K. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

We are safe and sound in Texas bro, thanks.

Send a brother some short ribs!

I share the concern this will go sideways, I expect some type of power grab very shortly. New internet rules, suspension of habeas corpus, confiscation, martial law...it's all on the board. All the worst things we've discussed in the past. Military is rumored to be staging in Cali.....

Strength, love and calm to all you guys.
    fmunk and Sean K. like this.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Have not heard or read of any military activity. Other than this, Navy has two hospital ships. One based in San Diego and another on the east coast. Both have been activated to provide support. For the most part people are staying home. No traffic jams, though plenty of idiots who think driving slow will decrease their risk of contraction.

One city in NorCal did try to shut down 2A sales by declaring it non-essential. Did not follow the story to see if they succeeded. Having lived and worked up there during the dot-com boom, it doesn't surprise me. They are out of touch and far removed from how the rest of the country lives.
    Sean K. and TexasChris like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Have not heard or read of any military activity. Other than this, Navy has two hospital ships. One based in San Diego and another on the east coast. Both have been activated to provide support. For the most part people are staying home. No traffic jams, though plenty of idiots who think driving slow will decrease their risk of contraction.

One city in NorCal did try to shut down 2A sales by declaring it non-essential. Having lived and worked up there during the dot-com boom, it doesn't surprise me. They are out of touch and far removed from how the rest of the country lives.

That is good to hear bro, hope this thing goes smooth...
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

No traffic jams, though plenty of idiots who think driving slow will decrease their risk of contraction.
    LOL....here in Phx, the few people driving to work are doing so at literally 90mph. I'm positive I have a much higher chance of getting killed in a car accident than die from CVD19, lol....especially now.
    fmunk and TexasChris like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Yup. I did 80-90. Not a cop in sight. Sparse traffic but there are idiots doing 50-60 in #1-3 lanes on a 6 lane hwy. AND, changing lanes without judging approaching speed of cars behind. Ghost of Darwin has to be very giddy right now.
    Sean K. likes this.

I think everything returns to normal within a month. That's all.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Yup. I did 80-90. Not a cop in sight. Sparse traffic but there are idiots doing 50-60 in #1-3 lanes on a 6 lane hwy. AND, changing lanes without judging approaching speed of cars behind. Ghost of Darwin has to be very giddy right now.
    And don't get me wrong, I'm driving that fast too...difference is, I'm actually paying attention and not on my phone swerving into other lanes by accident. Luckily, we don't have the slow drivers except in the carpool, which is frustrating when it becomes the regular #1 lane at 9am.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors