Is RA Selling Predominantly Ms now?
Like Tree11Likes
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is RA Selling Predominantly Ms now?

Is RA Selling Predominantly Ms now?

Just bought a new 6.5G XCR-L and the SN was in the mid 12000s.

I think the last Ls I bought were in mid-2012 and the SNs were just over 8K. Have they only sold ~4500 units in 7.5 years?

I bought one of the 1st gen Ms....and I think the 2nd gen was like 5K or more on the SN (haven't looked).

Wondering if RA is mostly selling Ms now.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

No clue. I haven't seen a big jump in the SNs over the last couple years. I'm pretty sure they don't ship/build them sequentially but I'd have expected some higher SNs by now. I don't see Ms listed as frequently and don't get asked about them as much. Maybe Kermit will chime in.

Still no clue on what percentage of RA sales is Canada or over seas.
    Sean K. likes this.

Or they're just not very fast with production (still).
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    No clue. I haven't seen a big jump in the SNs over the last couple years. I'm pretty sure they don't ship/build them sequentially but I'd have expected some higher SNs by now. I don't see Ms listed as frequently and don't get asked about them as much. Maybe Kermit will chime in.

Still no clue on what percentage of RA sales is Canada or over seas.
    Yeah, I would think Canada must be their main market....but that still wouldn't explain the SNs. Not sure how RA is set up...maybe they have CNCs and run a bunch of other product lines and the firearms are just part of the overall business model.

Just wondering......
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Yeah, I would think Canada must be their main market....but that still wouldn't explain the SNs. Not sure how RA is set up...maybe they have CNCs and run a bunch of other product lines and the firearms are just part of the overall business model.

Just wondering......
    Me too, for years. I'd love to see a "day in the life" at RA
    Sean K. likes this.

Maybe the Canadian guns have a different SN system. Do they even own CNCs? I have a feeling much is done outside in batches.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Maybe the Canadian guns have a different SN system. Do they even own CNCs? I have a feeling much is done outside in batches.
    I always assumed that too (made in batches)...but if that's the case, the volume wouldn't seem like it would support the company at all (based on the SNs). Can't imagine the SN would be country dependent, but I suppose anything's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    I always assumed that too (made in batches)...but if that's the case, the volume wouldn't seem like it would support the company at all (based on the SNs). Can't imagine the SN would be country dependent, but I suppose anything's possible.

I'm probably being too critical b/c I didn't bother to do any math....4500 units at $1800 a pop, is $8.1M . So just Ls would be gross (obviously not net) ~$1M per year in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    I'm probably being too critical b/c I didn't bother to do any math....4500 units at $1800 a pop, is $8.1M . So just Ls would be gross (obviously not net) ~$1M per year in sales.
    Sounds like a substantial amount, but if they are not doing most of it in-house...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors