Jack pot!! Got lucky on GB
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By navalbeaver
  • 1 Post By Sean K.

Thread: Jack pot!! Got lucky on GB

Jack pot!! Got lucky on GB

Guy had an early L for sale on GB. I wasn't real excited about the whole rifle but it had a type 0 gas block. I didn't win the auction but asked the seller if he'd forward my info to the buyer. I wanted to trade him out the gas block for a newer model. Anyway, the seller had 3 unfired type 0s and some spares along with another barrel and a type 0 bolt.
    Jack pot!!  Got lucky on GB-fullsizer-1-.jpg
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    Guy had an early L for sale on GB. I wasn't real excited about the whole rifle but it had a type 0 gas block. I didn't win the auction but asked the seller if he'd forward my info to the buyer. I wanted to trade him out the gas block for a newer model. Anyway, the seller had 3 unfired type 0s and some spares along with another barrel and a type 0 bolt.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeR(1).jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	705.7 KB 
ID:	14930

So you're set for suppressed set ups now, right?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    So you're set for suppressed set ups now, right?
    Think so. I've got 3 currently. 6 total covers all my bases and then some. Short uppers in 5.45, 5.56, 6.5g, 762x39. I never got into 6.8. Not sure valkyrie is going to stick around. I'd have to get a micro upper to run a type 0 on a 300blk. I am a little interested to see how a 300 would shoot with this block though.
    Sean K. likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Think so. I've got 3 currently. 6 total covers all my bases and then some. Short uppers in 5.45, 5.56, 6.5g, 762x39. I never got into 6.8. Not sure valkyrie is going to stick around. I'd have to get a micro upper to run a type 0 on a 300blk. I am a little interested to see how a 300 would shoot with this block though.
    Let us know how it goes....I'd be interested in your results.

I take it RA no longer has the Type 0 blocks?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Let us know how it goes....I'd be interested in your results.

I take it RA no longer has the Type 0 blocks?
    That's my understanding. They stopped supporting it before my first xcr in 09.... holy crap. Time flies

That's my understanding. They stopped supporting it before my first xcr in 09.... holy crap. Time flies
    Yep...I think my first was '08. It does fly by quick.

Why not just update everything to the newer style?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Light is fast ... fast is good

I actually went backwards. The type 0 is pretty restrictive so it's great for suppressed use. I've been using the second lowest setting on my 556 and 545 barrels because the lowest isn't quite enough. I had some good results with early type 3 setups but the latest ones don't seem to be as restrictive. The type 2s were OK.

These are going to be strictly for short/ suppressed barrels. I'm using the type 3 on everything else.
    Sean K. likes this.

I'm happy with my Type 1s for supersonics....but I think the Type 3 is a better design and have swapped to it for something like 4 of my XCRs. Not only do you have a tighter fit with the gasblock to the gas tube with the Type 3, but more adjustability, no chance of launching the dial down range and I've found the flange on the Type 1s get bent over time and make them hard to change settings. That said, the Type 1 is way easier to access and clean. I think I weighed them and the Type 3 is actually heavier (not by much), which surprised me. If running exposed, I think the Type 1 looks better....though that's completely subjective. Big advantage to Type 3 is the ability to bury it inside the handguard.
    fmunk likes this.

Sponsors