Do Type 1 and Type 2 Bolts Take the Same Firing Pin?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Whole Bunches

Thread: Do Type 1 and Type 2 Bolts Take the Same Firing Pin?

Do Type 1 and Type 2 Bolts Take the Same Firing Pin?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Type 1 and Type 2 Bolts (both M and L) use the same "hat" style firing pin while the Type 0 bolt used a different one, right?
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

They're different side by side. Without looking I believe the type 2 is a bit thicker. I haven't tried them in each different bolt to see if they are compatible or not.

Quote Originally Posted by navalbeaver View Post
    They're different side by side. Without looking I believe the type 2 is a bit thicker. I haven't tried them in each different bolt to see if they are compatible or not.
    Just wondering since firingpins.com has them but doesn't really break down if they fit the Type 2 or Type 1 bolt or if there's any difference.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

FWIW, at round number 2868 my type 2 XCR-L pistol firing pin broke near the tip. I'd fired 1572 300 Blackout rounds and 1296 .223 rounds since buying the pistol new. My pistol was out of warrantee, so I installed the spare FP I'd bought with my pistol. What I'm trying to say is having an extra FP on hand might be a good idea. Now I need to get another extra FP.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Whole Bunches View Post
    FWIW, at round number 2868 my type 2 XCR-L pistol firing pin broke near the tip. I'd fired 1572 300 Blackout rounds and 1296 .223 rounds since buying the pistol new. My pistol was out of warrantee, so I installed the spare FP I'd bought with my pistol. What I'm trying to say is having an extra FP on hand might be a good idea. Now I need to get another extra FP.
    Really wonder why this is such a sporadic issue.

QC probably. As in, the source material they're machined from.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Didn't they attribute the previous spate of issues to irregular heat treating?
    That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    Didn't they attribute the previous spate of issues to irregular heat treating?
    Very first issue was improperly chamfered holes in the bolt face....but that was Type 1 bolts.

No idea if we got any answer on subsequent cases; especially in the Type 2 other than it is still happening, albeit rarely.

Sponsors