Canada ban xcr
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TomAiello

Thread: Canada ban xcr

Canada ban xcr

do you think the market will be flooded with Canadian xcrs soon? Where will be the best place to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by xentrik1 View Post
    do you think the market will be flooded with Canadian xcrs soon? Where will be the best place to get one?
    Doubt it. Not sure what export rules are....but not sure they'll be all that desirable. They're going to mostly be 18.6" bbls....though they do have some system for SBRs...but importing them and dealing with a tax stamp won't be very attractive unless the prices are dirt cheap. I don't think those will be as easy as converting to a 'pistol' and selling them with that label.

The other thing is: compliance rates have been historically low in the US, Canada and even New Zealand. I'm not sure Canadians are going to be lining up to sell their XCRs at a significant loss anyway....besides, they may think they'll need them in the near future.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Ya you're probably right. They said they are going to be doing some sort of buy back program, so that might be an option for them. They also have 2 years to comply from what I read.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

More importantly, what does this mean to Robinson Armament? If Canadian sales have been shoring them up financially? Then how does that bode for the company's survival?
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    More importantly, what does this mean to Robinson Armament? If Canadian sales have been shoring them up financially? Then how does that bode for the company's survival?
    Worst and likely scenario: Staff reduction. Even longer response times to orders and support, which hurts their remaining business.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Best case scenario would be RA being spurred to find new markets or new innovations. But history doesn't support a best case scenario.
    fmunk likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Sponsors