What is the deal with ordering off of Robinson Armament's Website?
Like Tree3Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is the deal with ordering off of Robinson Armament's Website?

What is the deal with ordering off of Robinson Armament's Website?

I just wanted to buy a barrel conversion kit. But they want some sales rep to contact me first? What is that about? Why can't I just order stuff like that like I do off Brownells? Is the idea that they want to upsell every transaction? What can I expect from talking with their sales rep?

Yep. Frustrating. For some reason, you have to actually call to give payment and place the order. You'll most likely talk with Holly. She's a peach....and it's not her fault the system is so antiquated, so don't take it out on her.

No, has nothing to do with an upsell. I'd be guessing if I said I thought it's that they don't want the security issues of having a webstore where you can purchase things...or the added expense.

Another potential issue is you trying to order something that won't work with the upper or model you have. There are many iterations that don't plug and play...and the sales rep *should* know these.

For example....let's say you have a Type 1 lower and want a 6.5G conversion kit; it is only recommended/warrantied by RA in the Type 2 config.

Or....you want to put a 12" Type 3 mini gas system .308 bbl in a standard length XCR-M upper and bury the gas block. Well, you can't b/c the upper isn't machined deep enough for the mini gas system to be buried so you have to do a mini-length upper receiver and exposed gas block.

Those are the instances the sales rep are supposed to guide you through (as just a few of thousands of possible configurations/combinations).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

You can always reach out to navalbeaver or Gramps96Kz here on the board. They are dealers for RA.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

They probably don't have a secure e-commerce server or service set up to process online payments.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    They probably don't have a secure e-commerce server or service set up to process online payments.
    And in this day and age, it hurts them pretty significantly as I've known a few people who've wanted to buy XCRs and parts but didn't want to have to "talk to anyone" to do so. One of them waited until he could just order from Brownells (ended up ordering something he wished he hadn't over a configuration he could have ordered specifically, but didn't want to talk to someone to do so)....and he paid quite a bit more than he would have if he'd shopped around.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    And in this day and age, it hurts them pretty significantly as I've known a few people who've wanted to buy XCRs and parts but didn't want to have to "talk to anyone" to do so. One of them waited until he could just order from Brownells (ended up ordering something he wished he hadn't over a configuration he could have ordered specifically, but didn't want to talk to someone to do so)....and he paid quite a bit more than he would have if he'd shopped around.
    Yeeap. Can lead a horse to water, but...

That's very disappointing that they haven't caught up with modern business practices. I feel a lot safer dealing with a website than some person over the phone I don't know. Oh well, I'll still be putting in my order and just deal with their sales rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Decoy26517 View Post
    That's very disappointing that they haven't caught up with modern business practices. I feel a lot safer dealing with a website than some person over the phone I don't know. Oh well, I'll still be putting in my order and just deal with their sales rep.
    In case of RA, you are safer calling. Better yet, contact Navalbeaver or Gramps96Kz.

Yeah, I agree it’s weird and a bad business practice in this day and age, especially when there are so many firearm options in the market. I also agree that it has to be because of part variance.

I just put in an order for some spare parts and a 5.56 conversion and they didn’t upsale me or anything just confirmed I wanted it. They may also see that I’ve ordered ordered from them before, IDK. I bring up the last part because I bought weird spare parts. I recently got a newer XCR in 6.5G so I picked up the 5.56 kit and spare parts to fire 7.62x39. I have an older type 1 XCR that I have 300blk, 5.56, and 7.62x39. And, I gather the newer 6.5G uses a 5.56 firing pin for some strange reason.

Firing pins are the same. There are 2 "tails" for the type 2. The Russian tail allows for more firing pin travel for the harder primers. That let RA ditch the heavy hammer spring.

There are plenty of ways to screw up the compatibility of old/ new parts if you aren't familiar with the platform. It hasn't happened in awhile but I'd order specifically what I wanted, only to have RA assume they knew better and change my order.
    Sean K. likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors