Palmetto JAKL
Like Tree8Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palmetto JAKL

Palmetto JAKL

That long stroke system sure look familiar. Upper mates to any AR lower... ergo, any AR trigger you like.

Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Palmetto JAKL

If it’s any good, it will be a big hit.

Pair that with the $299 Gen 3 19 clone and the MP5 clone and PSA won shot show this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TTEngineer; 05-05-2020 at 06:41 AM.
    fmunk likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

At the $800 price point (Likely to be more like $9-1K when it gets released), they'll sell a ton. Limited caliber availability though...not a fan of AR bolts or ergos either, but at that price....and uppers being "half" that, these will sell like hot cakes.

I don't really see the BRN-180s being close competition since just the uppers are $799ish. The JAKL's operating system looks far more simple and having the ambi charging will be very nice.

That's one I could see picking up in 5.56. Too bad no one is doing cheap ammo in .300 BLK

The adapter for the brace to receiver interface looks janky though.
    Last edited by Sean K.; 05-05-2020 at 09:24 AM.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

At least it doesn't have the AR charging handle. Glass half full. I think you pretty much have to roll your own for .300 BLK to be affordable. I am guessing Richard Murphy (aka Lucky Irishman & LeeMajors), will most likely make an adapter for the stock. Sucky that ACR stocks are no more (so it seems).

I'd love for PSA to release a carbine version, or at please provide the parts, since the pistol is no-go for me. Even better, a version in 7.62 x 39 that takes AK mags... *drool
    Last edited by fmunk; 05-05-2020 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    At least it doesn't have the AR charging handle. Glass half full. I think you pretty much have to roll your own for .300 BLK to be affordable. I am guessing Richard Murphy (aka Lucky Irishman & LeeMajors), will most likely make an adapter for the stock. Sucky that ACR stocks are no more (so it seems).

I'd love for PSA to release a carbine version, or at please provide the parts, since the pistol is no-go for me. Even better, a version in 7.62 x 39 that takes AK mags... *drool
    I hear you on BLK....no time for yet another hobby though.

I don't want to SBR anything....so an ACR stock wouldn't do much for me personally. I'm sure someone will be along shortly with an AR buffer tube to pic rail adapter that can be timed (shit, did I just come up with a patent, lol?).

Are ACR stocks no more?? Doesn't bode well for the platform if you can't get stocks anymore. I had no idea.

I think the problem with X39 is the AR size bolt doesn't leave much meat around the case head unless you start going expensive on the material...but an AK style bolt and AK mags, I'm freakin' on board!
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Kns has a pic adapter that works in AR buffer tube extensions.
    Sean K. likes this.

A lot of that PSA stuff looks pretty good. I'm very interested in their AK-74. I have a lot of cheap 5.45 still, and I'd love something else to shoot it through.

That $300 Glock clone looks amazing for the price, too.

I have a PSA AR that has been 100% so far. I feel like they are offering really good value for their price point.
    Sean K. likes this.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    A lot of that PSA stuff looks pretty good. I'm very interested in their AK-74. I have a lot of cheap 5.45 still, and I'd love something else to shoot it through.

That $300 Glock clone looks amazing for the price, too.

I have a PSA AR that has been 100% so far. I feel like they are offering really good value for their price point.
    They are. I've recommended the ARs to several people here at work....all have been 100%.

I've got one of their AK-Ps. Very good quality (not a fan of the rear sight configuration, but otherwise, solid).

For the money, PSA is making great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Are ACR stocks no more?? Doesn't bode well for the platform if you can't get stocks anymore. I had no idea
    Freedom Group killed off Bushmaster (along with other brands they own). ACR rifle is said to be no more. They also shifted production from Windham ME to Alabama earlier in the year and QC suffered greatly. Magpul is said to have made the stocks, but now showing out of stock nearly everywhere and even "discontinued" at Midway. Mine sold quickly on ARFCOM.
    Sean K. likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Freedom Group killed off Bushmaster (along with other brands they own). ACR rifle is said to be no more. They also shifted production from Windham ME to Alabama earlier in the year and QC suffered greatly. Magpul is said to have made the stocks, but now showing out of stock nearly everywhere and even "discontinued" at Midway. Mine sold quickly on ARFCOM.
    What a misnomer for a company.

Thanks for the info. Hadn't heard any of this.
    fmunk likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors