Bought my first new XCR need some forum help - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Bought my first new XCR need some forum help

  1. #11
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,220
    F (force) = m (mass) * a (acceleration). "a" is dependent of velocity and distance traveled. "m" is bullet weight and constant. Less dwell time, lower muzzle velocity, lower recoil than longer barrels.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

  2. #12
    Marksman scalton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    737
    Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    F (force) = m (mass) * a (acceleration). "a" is dependent of velocity and distance traveled. "m" is bullet weight and constant. Less dwell time, lower muzzle velocity, lower recoil than longer barrels.
    I'm not saying that you're wrong but my buddy has got a 45 70 rifle with octagon barrel I don't know how long it is 24 to 28".
    It don't kick nowhere as much as his Thompson Contender 16 in Barrel in 45 70

  3. #13
    XCR Guru Sean K.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    21,730
    Quote Originally Posted by scalton View Post
    I'm not saying that you're wrong but my buddy has got a 45 70 rifle with octagon barrel I don't know how long it is 24 to 28".
    It don't kick nowhere as much as his Thompson Contender 16 in Barrel in 45 70
    Yeah, but the weight of that extra 8-12" of bbl is significant.
    fmunk likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

  4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #14
    XCR Guru fmunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Kahleefonia
    Posts
    3,220
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Yeah, but the weight of that extra 8-12" of bbl is significant.
    That's exactly it. And actual recoil shouldn't be confused with felt recoil. Real physics vs perception.
    Last edited by fmunk; 05-26-2020 at 02:44 PM.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •