Bought my first new XCR need some forum help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By InVader

Thread: Bought my first new XCR need some forum help

Bought my first new XCR need some forum help

Tonight I bought a XCR pistol for $1195 with the Burris Fast Fire 2 from a guy named Scott who used to work for RA when Holly was there, he said it is unfired and it looks like it has never had a round through it. I've owned 3 XCR-L's the first was an older one with the folding triangle stock which I ended up selling, I own 2 now an older one with all the upgrades and the other one was just before they came out with the keymod that came with the fast stock. This pistol is S/N 05XXX I believe it is an older one and the trigger is different than my others and so is the safety, I'll include some pics and maybe someone with more knowledge can tell me more about it. Other than the trigger and safety any other upgrades I should add?
    My other question is the folder hinge, what do you guys recommend for a pistol brace? I'm 6'1"Bought my first new XCR need some forum help-20200520_200806.jpgBought my first new XCR need some forum help-20200520_200844.jpgBought my first new XCR need some forum help-20200520_200811.jpgBought my first new XCR need some forum help-20200520_200854.jpgBought my first new XCR need some forum help-20200520_200906.jpg
    I don't really care for the Burris I plan on changing to a Holosun red dot.
    I appreciate any feedback the gurus on this site can provide
    Last edited by scalton; 05-20-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    Walking through the waste land formally known as the USA

The trigger *should* have been the upgraded "enhanced" trigger with a 5K serial number unless it was built from old parts.

That said, as far as braces go, IMO, the best brace for the XCR is the RA/Gear Head Works collaboration for the Tailhook. They have a new model that just dropped call the Mod 1C (the old one is a Mod 1). It's even smaller and folds even tighter. I'd be surprised if RA doesn't go to this as the default Tailhook on their brace once it's in full production mode.

The problem is the expense....they are about $300 IIRC...with the old Mod 1 Tailhook. The new 1C is slightly more expensive.

A light weight option is the AR adapter from RA with a Shockwave Blade and tube, but that option doesn't fold...but is much cheaper; around $100.

I'd do a ambi mag release too ...if those are still available for your older model lower.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

BTW, great score....a pistol for $1200 is pretty good. Congrats.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Uhhh...just noticed you already seem to have the folding mechanism on there. If you already have that, the Tailhook and adapter *were* $185 last I talked to RA. Might try that avenue.

Thanks Sean, the trigger isn't bad it's just not the same as my others so I guess I'll have to shoot it to see, what about the safety? I don't think it looks or feels right but maybe that's just me.
    I do like the tail hook setup so I guess a call to ra is in my near future.
    I was on my last break yesterday when this popped up on the local gun exchange site, I went in left work an hour early before this guy came to his senses or somebody offered him more money, cannot wait to shoot this thing.
    I know you have a pistol or two is there any difference in the break-in with the gas setting anything I should be looking for. Thanks for your input

Quote Originally Posted by scalton View Post
    Thanks Sean, the trigger isn't bad it's just not the same as my others so I guess I'll have to shoot it to see, what about the safety? I don't think it looks or feels right but maybe that's just me.
    I do like the tail hook setup so I guess a call to ra is in my near future.
    I was on my last break yesterday when this popped up on the local gun exchange site, I went in left work an hour early before this guy came to his senses or somebody offered him more money, cannot wait to shoot this thing.
    I know you have a pistol or two is there any difference in the break-in with the gas setting anything I should be looking for. Thanks for your input
    I think the older safeties have a better feel to them, but if you trim the right side paddle down (if you're right handed), it's not bad and is kind of useful for going back on safety using my pointer finger knuckle on the right side.

LOL, I have mostly SBRs/Pistols in my XCRs. No real difference other than they can be more finnicky getting them running 100% on cheap ammo. Just let us know how it goes and if you run into malfunctions make note of what kind they are and what ammo you're using and we should be able to help diagnose it. Since Your's appears to be a micro length gas system with a mini or longer bbl...I'm betting the dwell time will be good and it will run fine.

Quote Originally Posted by scalton View Post
    when Holly was there
    Wait, Holly is no longer there? Wasn't she attributed to RA's much improved customer service? Oh boy.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Wait, Holly is no longer there? Wasn't she attributed to RA's much improved customer service? Oh boy.
    She still works there. I think he meant Terra.
    fmunk and Sean K. like this.

Yes I meant Tera

Sponsors