Any Trigger Options?
Like Tree1Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Trigger Options?

Any Trigger Options?

So, despite most folks saying the XCR isn't supremely accurate, I decided to outfit mine as a DMR style rifle. I'll attach a picture FWIW. My only issue is the trigger isn't great. It's not awful but is there ANY drop in replacement or does somebody know where I can find a tutorial to tune it up a bit? Thank you
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Trigger Options?-xcr-m.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by ChidJ View Post
    So, despite most folks saying the XCR isn't supremely accurate, I decided to outfit mine as a DMR style rifle. I'll attach a picture FWIW. My only issue is the trigger isn't great. It's not awful but is there ANY drop in replacement or does somebody know where I can find a tutorial to tune it up a bit? Thank you
    No replacements, but you could send it out to Bill Springfield in Colorado Springs....he used to do trigger work to the first gen XCR triggers.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Some have noticed the stock trigger smoothing out after some use.

Interesting setup. Mini with the 18.6? 20?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Mini length gas, 20 inch 6.5CM "heavy" contour. I'll look up Bill Springfield. Thanks

You can also polish the metal-on-metal contact areas, just be careful to not remove material. 1500 grit paper + metal polishing compound.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Yeah...as Nate mentioned...they get better with time. Polishing will just speed that up.

Personally, once mine are worn in, they are a lot like the 1st gen original SSA from Geissele with a little heavier pull. Not a great trigger, but pretty good.

Do you weld? I bought a disconnector with plans to mod it to shorten the reset down to where I take my ALG AK triggers (about 3/32" total travel)....

I still think that's possible, but I've got too many irons in the fire to add a new project right now. Good news is the disco is only like $33...as is the hammer and trigger...so you can play with the parts for fairly cheap.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Uh....I'd be hesitant to send your stuff to Bill in spite of my earlier recommendation. Apparently, there have been quite a few unhappy customers (as well as happy ones too). I just don't know anyone else doing XCR trigger work....so he's your only option that I'm aware of.

Do a search and you'll likely come across the bad reviews with more details.

I should mention the triggers he did for me were nice....for several hundred rounds and then started to double/triple. That was before the "enhanced" factory triggers from RA were available. I swapped to those once available and didn't feel the need to really try to improve upon those much. YMMV.

Does Bill do more than polishing? If not, it's probably not worth the expense and it's really not that hard to do. Just take a little time.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

I've had a bit of work by Bill and I couldn't be happier. None of it XCR. He was reasonably priced, quick turn around and a good solid trigger job.
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Does Bill do more than polishing? If not, it's probably not worth the expense and it's really not that hard to do. Just take a little time.
    Based on the bad reviews I read, he's taken files to the sear engagement surfaces....so, obviously he does more than simple polishing, otherwise, you could do the same yourself.

That said, changing geometry can be tricky business...which is why sometimes it goes wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors