GRSC Inc 1.1-10X Scope....
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By fmunk
  • 1 Post By Sean K.
  • 1 Post By fmunk

Thread: GRSC Inc 1.1-10X Scope....

GRSC Inc 1.1-10X Scope....

Looks like GRSC Inc. has a nicely priced FFP 1.1-10X scope out..though they are out of stock. I'm obviously out of the loop since this apparently debuted at SHOT 2019.

https://grscinc.com/products/ols/pro...rium-optic-fso

I've got two of their scopes and for the money, they've been nice.

I like that this one gets you all the way up to 10X....and the 35mm tube should be nice. It's a little heavy at 21.1 oz, but it's also rated to take 100Gs of shock.

Pretty good eye relief too.....
    RobertSlaughter likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

So you drive a fancy car like that and your skimping out on a proven optic for a Chinese POS optic? lol

Lots of high end stuff is made in China, too. It just has the price increase to match it's brand name tag.

Sig Sauer, for example, has a "high end" reputation (and price tag) but their optics are made in China.

I don't know anything about these particular scopes--it's just a general observation.
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    So you drive a fancy car like that and your skimping out on a proven optic for a Chinese POS optic? lol
    Someone needs a clue, or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Looks like GRSC Inc. has a nicely priced FFP 1.1-10X scope out..though they are out of stock. I'm obviously out of the loop since this apparently debuted at SHOT 2019.

https://grscinc.com/products/ols/pro...rium-optic-fso

I've got two of their scopes and for the money, they've been nice.

I like that this one gets you all the way up to 10X....and the 35mm tube should be nice. It's a little heavy at 21.1 oz, but it's also rated to take 100Gs of shock.

Pretty good eye relief too.....

I was thinking about picking one up. But, after a brief conversation with someone who played with one, I think I'll look elsewhere. While it is likely more than sufficient, I think I might feel a tinge of buyer's remorse afterwards. The glass doesn't look very good. And those plastic wobbly turrets under the caps gives me flashbacks of the ones on the 1-6x. If it was 4 or 6 years ago, these things might be OK for a budget scope. But, PA and other new-comers have raised the bar so high in this price category that I just can't help wishing for better.

The recently announced Sig Sierra6 2-12x is peaking my interest. It has built-in ballistic data, plus it can be paired to their BDX equipped rangefinders (one of which I already have). A quick scan with rangefinder would result in firing solution displayed in the reticle. Pretty slick.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAiello View Post
    Sig Sauer, for example, has a "high end" reputation (and price tag) but their optics are made in China.
    Not all. Some Sig models are made in Japan. And their high-end models are still priced in the mid-range; compared to S&B, Zeiss, Hensoldt, Swarovski, etc. Even Leupold uses Chinese sourced components in some of their scopes. Thanks to corporate greed and desire for higher year-over-year profits, and the resulting technology transfer, China's manufacturing capability has advanced significantly in the last 10 years. They produce everything from junk to high-end.
    Last edited by fmunk; 06-04-2020 at 11:55 AM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooch View Post
    Gotta save money somewhere, but the snark is appreciated.

BTW, Mr. Verdugo was a member here in good standing....and his shit just worked...whether it was Chinese (or Japanese as the 1-6X optic was) is immaterial to me personally.

I've bought high end optics before and frankly, with my damaged vision, I can't see enough of a difference to justify the price increase. YMMV.
    RobertSlaughter likes this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Someone needs a clue, or two.

I was thinking about picking one up. But, after a brief conversation with someone who played with one, I think I'll look elsewhere. While it is likely more than sufficient, I think I might feel a tinge of buyer's remorse afterwards. The glass doesn't look very good. And those plastic wobbly turrets under the caps gives me flashbacks of the ones on the 1-6x. If it was 4 or 6 years ago, these things might be OK for a budget scope. But, PA and other new-comers have raised the bar so high in this price category that I just can't help wishing for better.

The recently announced Sig Sierra6 2-12x is peaking my interest. It has built-in ballistic data, plus it can be paired to their BDX equipped rangefinders (one of which I already have). A quick scan with rangefinder would result in firing solution displayed in the reticle. Pretty slick.

Not all. Some Sig models are made in Japan. And their high-end models are still priced in the mid-range; compared to S&B, Zeiss, Hensoldt, Swarovski, etc. Even Leupold uses Chinese sourced components in some of their scopes. Thanks to corporate greed and desire for higher year-over-year profits, and the resulting technology transfer, China's manufacturing capability has advanced significantly in the last 10 years. They produce everything from junk to high-end.
    Same boat....I like the PA line up and prefer their reticle....even if gear queers like Hooch look down on them. Pretty sure PA is working on a 1-10X as well and I'll probably wait for it over this one....but since Ed was a good dude around here, I'd still consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Same boat....I like the PA line up and prefer their reticle....even if gear queers like Hooch look down on them. Pretty sure PA is working on a 1-10X as well and I'll probably wait for it over this one....but since Ed was a good dude around here, I'd still consider it.

Yup. ACSS is excellent and easy to use. Very similar to Ed's reticle. And, like you, I could care less where it came from as long as it works. Companies that import and sell Chinese made goods still employ American workers, pay taxes, and contribute to the US economy. Basic economics and the global economy is nothing new, yet difficult for some to grasp... still, despite centuries of global trade.

Here's a Sig PR video on the Sierra6. Sig's optics division is in Oregon. Some of the employees came from Leupold.

Last edited by fmunk; 06-04-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Sponsors