Any Insiders Know Why the Competition -M Upper Is So Short? - Page 2
Like Tree3Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Insiders Know Why the Competition -M Upper Is So Short?

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    Ounces turn into pounds with each mile.
    True....which is the only reason I can think RA didn't make it the full length of a standard "shortest" rifle length 16" bbl. But why offer the -L in a comp model with the full length covered if weight was the main consideration? For that matter, why have the 15" handguards become so popular on mainstream rifles if weight is the #1 concern?

Unless RA's thought process was that a 14.7" is lighter than a 16" bbl and you can pin/weld a long enough muzzle device to get the overall length to make it legal with a real stock. Only problem is, you can't change the muzzle device and you'd have to commit to one brand of QD mount if you wanted to run a can, but that doesn't make a lot of sense either, considering ballistics for .308 are less than optimal in a 16" , let alone a 14.7" bbl.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Or, Alex just being... Alex.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

This is going to date me but, I guess it's like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop....the world may never know", lol.
    fmunk and RobertSlaughter like this.
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    This is going to date me but, I guess it's like "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop....the world may never know", lol.
    Sadly, I remember that ad campaign too.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors