Cartmann here, how is my favorite GunForum and all my favorite Hoes doing these days? - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cartmann here, how is my favorite GunForum and all my favorite Hoes doing these days?

join this Facebook group here!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/359700991392247/

Quote Originally Posted by Erich von Cartmann View Post
    very nice!

I also have a Ripmo, a 2019 Ripmo with X2, Fox 36, and XX1 build... and I also have a 2019 Santa Cruz Bronson with X2, Fox 36, and Cascade Link, and I also have an XC bike that is a 2015 Scott Spark clone, and a 2016 Scott Gambler DH bike as well.
    God damn. Big money.

I actually just swapped to the X2 and installed the Grip 2 damper in my 36.

Planning on swapping to a full XT drivetrain soon. SRAM shifts like crap in my opinion.

I donít live in an area to justify a DH bike, but Iíll be heading to Boise next month and plan on renting one.

Why do you have a Bronson and a Ripmo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Erich von Cartmann likes this.
    Light is fast ... fast is good

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post

I don’t live in an area to justify a DH bike, but I’ll be heading to Boise next month and plan on renting one.

Why do you have a Bronson and a Ripmo?

I consider my Ripmo a Trail bike, the BEST TRAIL BIKE of ALL TIME!

I know it can Enduro, but I do NOT consider it an Enduro Bike. I demo'd the Megatower and the Firebird, and found out that they are just over glorified mini DH bikes and not as fun as the Bronson at the bike parks. I know 29ers roll better and are just faster on all discipline of Mtn Bikes be it Downhill, Enduro, or XC; however it is only minutely faster, and the main limiting factor is still myself and NOT wheel size. I just prefer 27.5 wheels for all around fun factor.

My Bronson has an Ibis Ripmo Tuned X2 and a Cascade Link, rear is 160mm and front is 170mm. To me it is my MAIN Park Bike! Park as in a place with ski lifted services. However, it also makes a decent all day pedaling bike, not as good as the Ripmo, but good enough.

My All day bike is actually my Full Suspension XC bike (Faux Bar design like the 2015 Scott Spark), it is only 24 lbs with Dropper post, and that 5 pounds savings over the Ripmo, and 7 pounds savings over my Bronson, is HUGE and very noticeable after riding these bikes for more than 3 hours.

My Bronson feels like it has bottomless travel, it is almost just as much as a smasher as my DH bike on the DH courses. I am actually in the process of swapping frames on my DH bike, going to replace the Scott Gambler Frame with a Commencal Furious because I want to go bigger, and I also want to try the 2021 Fox X2, and the Commencal is fairly priced so that is why I went with the Commencal over another Gambler.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

So far, my Ripmo can definitely handle more than I can throw at it. Swapping to the X2 over the DPX2 made it a lot more plush as well, which I have been enjoying.

I wanted to test the Megatower before I got the Ripmo but couldnít find one locally to demo in time. I did ride the Mach 6, but wasnít impressed. The Bronson, older design, was not that impressive to me either. I found it suffered from serious brake jack. Iíve heard the new one solves this issue. The Ripmo and HD are easily the 2 best bikes Iíve ever ridden though.

I use it as an all round trail bike and light enduro, but if Iím going big, Iíll just demo an S works Enduro or SC Megatower.

What part of the country are you in?

Light is fast ... fast is good

Damn Cartman, good to hear from you. The forum hasn't been the same since the boot. I was totally pissed when they blocked you. You were a turd, but you were our lovable turd and they shouldn't have blocked you. I mean that with all due respect. I really have missed you and glad you're doing so well!
    "Spes Mea in Deo Est"--My hope is in GOD
    The antidote for fifty enemies is one friend.--Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    So far, my Ripmo can definitely handle more than I can throw at it. Swapping to the X2 over the DPX2 made it a lot more plush as well, which I have been enjoying.

I wanted to test the Megatower before I got the Ripmo but couldnít find one locally to demo in time. I did ride the Mach 6, but wasnít impressed. The Bronson, older design, was not that impressive to me either. I found it suffered from serious brake jack. Iíve heard the new one solves this issue. The Ripmo and HD are easily the 2 best bikes Iíve ever ridden though.

I use it as an all round trail bike and light enduro, but if Iím going big, Iíll just demo an S works Enduro or SC Megatower.

What part of the country are you in?

I am in Las Vegas Area, been here for about 13 years now.

I had a 2015 Santa Cruz Nomad for awhile, loved that bike but then eventually found out it was NOT a good all day Trail Bike, and I figured it was time to upgrade anyways. I was NOT a fan of the V1 or V2 Bronson, but since the BronsonV3 had the "new" lower link, I thought that was the bike for me since I loved the looks of it.

I was set on either the Ibis HD4 or the BronsonV3 to replace my Nomad, so while visiting family in the Bay Area, I decided to pay a visit to the Factories of both Ibis and Santa Cruz in Santa Cruz CA to Factory Demo each bike.

I rode both bikes back to back on the same day (about 3 hours each). I tried to set up things as best as possible, but it is very hard to set up a bike properly while on it's first ride. Both bikes felt almost identical and can pass for Twins. On that day the rear end of the HD4 felt better and more plush (Fox X2). The Bronson felt like it climbed better (at least on that day it did).

In the end, I decided to go for the Bronson solely on the fact that I liked the way it looked better. I am not big fan of the looks of the Ibis Bikes where the main triangle of the frame is a double bubble.

No bike pedals better than the Ripmo and Ripley. Ibis DW-link bikes tend to be the best pedaling bikes so I do not understand why the HD4 did not pedal as well that day. A bike I would really love to replace my current XC bike with is an Ibis Ripley, the Ripley is like a mini Ripmo, and with a light weight set up, can get down to 24 lbs. However, I do NOT ride enough to justify that and I have too many bikes already, and my current XC bike is more than good enough.

My Ripmo has a Fox X2 with 4 tokens and a -1.5 Degree Angleset, so it is now a smasher! Still not as much of a smasher as my Bronson but still very capable as an Enduro Racer. Putting the -1.5 angleset on the Ripmo increased the wheelbase about 15mm, so now it is even slacker and longer than the Megatower, however the more travel and the progressive linkage on the Mega makes it definitely a better bike over my Ripmo for the Chunkier courses.

My Bronson feels even more capable than the Mega I rented. That Cascade Link and Fox X2 I have on my 2019 Bronson really does feel like it has bottomless travel because even on the harsh bottom outs, it is not an abrupt feeling and she still feels very controllable. I love both my BronsonV3 and Ripmo equally, and I really can't pick one over the other. Also, I can't see any future Trail Bikes being better than either the Ripmo or the Bronson, so I plan to keep both.

Quote Originally Posted by mjorin View Post
    Damn Cartman, good to hear from you. The forum hasn't been the same since the boot. I was totally pissed when they blocked you. You were a turd, but you were our lovable turd and they shouldn't have blocked you. I mean that with all due respect. I really have missed you and glad you're doing so well!
    Thanks Mjorin!

I believe other forums are also NOT getting much activities due to emergence of Facebook Groups, YouTube, and other Social Media Outlets. I actually did NOT care about getting booted too much as I was NOT really into guns anymore. But it is good to be back on this forum!
    Merlin likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsors