Need thoughts on xcr-l - Page 2
Like Tree8Likes
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Need thoughts on xcr-l

What a goober.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Meh. I couldn't care less about their social media image. Getting reliable product out the door should be their biggest priority...especially now since their business is likely to grenade next year under a new Biden/Harris' AWB backed by a packed SCOTUS and control of both Houses (at least that's the scenario I see as most likely playing out).
    "Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human liberty. It is the argument of tyrants; the creed of slaves."-William Pitt the Younger

Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Meh. I couldn't care less about their social media image. Getting reliable product out the door should be their biggest priority...especially now since their business is likely to grenade next year under a new Biden/Harris' AWB backed by a packed SCOTUS and control of both Houses (at least that's the scenario I see as most likely playing out).
    makes me think of meopta scopes. Not well advertised but super good quality glass and anyone who knows of them thinks of them as reliable and good especially for the coin.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

I have 3 of them and love them. I have an AR in .223 as well and would rather shoot the XCR any day. I wouldn't worry about the weight as my wife shoots all of them with no problem. The FAST stock does help on the one that has it for her as it lets her shorten the LOP nut she does okay with the fixed tubular stock as well.

The only problem I've ever had is a broken firing pin many many years ago when it seemed like they might have had a bad batch.. I have a couple spares now to be safe.

I love the smooth recoil pulse. An AR isn't bad, but it isn't as smooth as the XCR.

Sig
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean K. View Post
    Couldn't tell you...don't know where you're located, but I'd sell locally if at all possible. Around here I post on local gun forums and sell FTF with a bill of sale if the buyer wants one. Most don't want paperwork and my state law has only 2 stipulations about selling a firearm so I just follow those. Your state may be quite different. Always abide by local regulations. You could also put it up on gunbroker...but I find those situations to be a lot more of a pain in the ass as well as less profitable since you have to pay fees at the FFL, to ship and to the hosting site.
    Generally I'd agree with you about using gunbroker, but as you noted, given todays market (sellers market by far), Gunbroker would probably be my first choice to unload a higher end gun at a higher asking price.

I sold a clean Marlin lever manufacturered in 1899 for $1,800 earlier this year, and the fee from Gunbroker was around $72 (shipping not included). Honestly don't think I could of gotten that buy price locally as local guys were a pain in the butt haggling over the original $1,000 asking price (starting bid on GB was $1,100).

The key is to include your starting asking price with the gunbroker fee added in, along with buyer pays shipping (adding insurance as an extra as wellas an option to cover your butt if the postal service screws up, which I've never had happen myself).

Know nothing about the CZ Bren, but if $2,300 is what you want out of the gun, list it with a starting bid of $2,400 (add your FFL transfer fee onto the asking price as well PLUS shipping. Check with your local FFL on what insurance will run for the the starting bid price (I believe my FFL had like $500 insurance already in his shipping price, which was only like $45 to ship the rifle to the other coast).

Gun broker can be a pain to ensure you cover your butt on the final buy price, but in a sellers market, it's probably the most legit way to maximize the sell price to a national buying audience and it's basically free to list the gun.

Generally my FFL charges me $20 for a transfer, which I find more than reasonable and he has a brick and mortar shop, open 10 hours a day, 7 days a week. Not certain on Virginia, but I'm guessing the OP is paying the FFL fee no matter how he sells the gun now, even FTF.

For the XCR platform, love it. Decade or so ago, got my first one and loved it so much I picked up some others (all used, all run great and are reliable IMO). But I love the description of it being a "boutique gun" which I think is a perfect description for the XCR. Really wish RA would support those dealers more here on this forum who support and actually push the XCR platform as RA can really be a hit or miss per customer service and inventory on parts when you deal with them directly. For that reason alone I would always have some AR's laying around as parts and pieces are plentiful from various manufacturers (couple years ago when it was a buyers market I stocked up on lowers and parts for the AR, and glad I did).

To the OP, I might of missed it, but if you do sell the CZ, just make certain you have a source to get a XCR. Seems like pickens are slim pretty much anywhere. Also know what generation it is if you buy it used. RA kind of turned me off when they started redesigning parts for their latest generation rifle. I picked up a butt load of parts for my "older" XCR's, glad I did. Guys here could tell you more about what parts are and are not interchangeable between the new and old XCR, as I don't have the newest gen rifle. Just something to be aware of so you know what you're looking at before you buy one.

Since I know nothing about the Bren in that particular caliber, have to ask, what kind of mags do they use? Guess I'm old school as the only mags I trust for that round are steel, and I only use my AK's for that round.

For suppressors, I generally use an Omega and Specwar 5.56, and honestly if I shoot without ear pro (which is not hearing safe with any supersonic round), and really can't tell the difference between a XCR or AR on loudness at the shooters ears. With earpro, pretty much the same.
    Last edited by Sig; 12-25-2020 at 08:18 AM.
    Sean K. likes this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Sig
    One thing I forgot to mention to the OP, and if any others disagree with me, please speak up.

On the point of if you actually sell the Bren looking for a XCR and ensuring you actually have a source where you can buy an XCR, do not go by what the factory tells you what the lead time is if buying direct. Keep in mind, a 14 week lead time could turn into 6 months easily (who knows, perhaps one part is holding up 60 rifles to go out). Have no idea how many people RA employ compared to other manufacturers, but my guess is they are small. Being a small manufacturer can work for or agasint you sometimes.

One reason why I always liked to buy used. I knew when I was going to get the gun and generally in a buyers market, I could get it at a better price (throw the idea of better pricing out the window given the current market conditions). Generally with an XCR, if the gun has any issues the gun just needs a little tweaking that the owner doesn't want to do. For tweaking issues, this is where this forum really shines.

Been a while since being on the board, but in the past it was always Nate (out of Florida) and Kermit (out of Idaho) who are your more reliable "local" XCR dealers. They are on this board. I've dealt with both personally and I think everyone can agree that like my own personal experiences, both great people to deal with and no one has any bad experiences dealing with them.

If most guys who stick with the XCR are loyal followers of the platform, should tell you something about the design of the rifle IMO.

Only downside to the XCR is my cleaning habbits went out the window with black rifles LOL
    Last edited by Sig; 12-26-2020 at 07:19 AM.
    Sean K. and Hartman23Foscari like this.
    If assholes could fly, this place would be JFK international.

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    If Alex would just hire an actual marketing and social media professional the gun would take off.

Have any of yíall seen the recent bobo marketing photos and videos!? Itís like my wife used her crappy 8yrold dell work laptop and a homemade green screen. Itís flat out comical.

Seriously, look at this garbage.

It honestly makes me cringe.

As a millennial (Ď83) Iím seriously turned off by this type of stuff. It shows a lack of technology and shines poorly on the brand.

Having said all that, I absolutely love my XCR. I just wish Alex would wise up a bit. Heís getting older and needs some younger blood in the company.

But to the OP.

I donít know if Iíd sell the Bren. Itís a very nice and capable rifle. But Ive heard they donít love to be suppressed. Which is a no go for me. All my rifles have cans.

But the XCR is a quality gun and very boutique. Challenges come with working with a small outfit like RA as mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So ended up selling my bren 2 for this... but damn this sucks! 42 weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by TTEngineer View Post
    If Alex would just hire an actual marketing and social media professional the gun would take off... Seriously, look at this garbage...
    And if he did, that person would start with vigor and quickly lose heart and fade away from any online engagement (including here). We've seen it. Multiple times.
    Fool-proofing serves only one purpose: identify bigger fools.

Quote Originally Posted by fmunk View Post
    And if he did, that person would start with vigor and quickly lose heart and fade away from any online engagement (including here). We've seen it. Multiple times.
    why is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sig View Post
    One thing I forgot to mention to the OP, and if any others disagree with me, please speak up.

On the point of if you actually sell the Bren looking for a XCR and ensuring you actually have a source where you can buy an XCR, do not go by what the factory tells you what the lead time is if buying direct. Keep in mind, a 14 week lead time could turn into 6 months easily (who knows, perhaps one part is holding up 60 rifles to go out). Have no idea how many people RA employ compared to other manufacturers, but my guess is they are small. Being a small manufacturer can work for or agasint you sometimes.

One reason why I always liked to buy used. I knew when I was going to get the gun and generally in a buyers market, I could get it at a better price (throw the idea of better pricing out the window given the current market conditions). Generally with an XCR, if the gun has any issues the gun just needs a little tweaking that the owner doesn't want to do. For tweaking issues, this is where this forum really shines.

Been a while since being on the board, but in the past it was always Nate (out of Florida) and Kermit (out of Idaho) who are your more reliable "local" XCR dealers. They are on this board. I've dealt with both personally and I think everyone can agree that like my own personal experiences, both great people to deal with and no one has any bad experiences dealing with them.

If most guys who stick with the XCR are loyal followers of the platform, should tell you something about the design of the rifle IMO.

Only downside to the XCR is my cleaning habbits went out the window with black rifles LOL
    You were right but used is difficult as well. But with the way laws are going in VA it may be better to just sell it anyway. 42 weeks sucks but maybe I should keep an eye out for used.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsors