PRI mag redux
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRI mag redux

PRI mag redux

Help us determine the quality of PRI 6.8 magazines. If you have had trouble free, or not-so-trouble-free experience with PRI 6.8 mags, please post this at:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5709

[s]It's a great forum for all things 6.8 and worth[/s] the easy registration process, and is free. If you donate $5 to become an upgraded member, you will be in the drawings for cool stuff!
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience..." C. S. Lewis

Re: PRI mag redux

Received my replacement mag today for the defective PRI mag that was shipped with my gun. Robinson sent another PRI mag

These are great mags. First thing I did was load 20 rounds up. These are tier 1 mags in case you forgot. Yep, same "sticky follower" issue found on my original mag. Dude, PRI makes a great mag. I took it apart (as well as my original) and ran the follower through with out the spring. Both hang up in the same spot, about halfway through the mag along the curve. PRI mags rock! The pressure needed to push the follower through this sticky area is about equal to the spring. It appears the mag body is too narrow on the thin side, not the wide flat side (the sides that would be at the back and front of the weapon when the mag is inserted). PRI mags are the best. I did not take this new mag to the range, as that would only cause more wasted ammo – If someone has some ammo they are willing to donate, I will hand cycle it through and take pics for the cause if you wish. If you are a re-loader, you could salvage some of the bullets and cases at a minimum. Long live PRI. I will post pics tomorrow, as well as comparison pics to my non-defective C-Products mags.

In case you did not follow the other thread, unless you have 5 years of shooting 6.8 and 20 PRI mags (of which you have already sent back a minimum of 2 on average) you not to even consider posting your own experience or criticizing PRI, because they are the best! That is the reason I have inserted, with great stealth, positive PRI statements to throw off those who protect PRI with much electronic ink, and possibly even their own blood and treasure. PRI makes great mags, in case you did not know - now go and buy some!! >
    "Of all tyrannies a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience..." C. S. Lewis

Great.... Here we go again.
    You are either moving forward, or backwards. Their is no neutral in life.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Does the follower just have burrs on it or something? I shoot C Products in 6.8 and only have a couple PRI mags because they were included on a great deal I got on some ammo. I have never had a single issue with my C-products mags though I do have the original ones with the magpul followers (same as the PRI).

I don't hang out much over on the 6.8forum, are they all really that hung over on the PRI Koolaid?
    Don't confuse enthusiasm for competence

Want more grip for your M&P Pistol? Send me a message.

Quote Originally Posted by crenca View Post
    Help us determine the quality of PRI 6.8 magazines. If you have had trouble free, or not-so-trouble-free experience with PRI 6.8 mags, please post this at:

http://68forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5709

[s]It's a great forum for all things 6.8 and worth[/s] the easy registration process, and is free. If you donate to become an upgraded member, you will be in the drawings for cool stuff!
    Is it not a great forum anymore? ;D

aw, damn. I'm so sorry. It was the last mag we had in the shop. :-\
    Resident Forum Slut

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    I don't hang out much over on the 6.8forum, are they all really that hung over on the PRI Koolaid?
    It's like any other gun forum. There's a prevailing attitude of "Our minds are made up. Don't say anything contrary!"

Does the follower just have burrs on it or something?
    That's a good question. I will run the follower from one of my C-Products mag through the PRI mag, and the follower from the PRI mag through he C-Products to see if the problem can be narrowed down to the followers delivered with the PRI mags.

Not sure the metal follower from my Barrett would work (30round v 25 round, etc.).

I would not say that. I got more strident resistance from certain folks here. I think what is going on is that they are mostly industry insiders and early adopters. They think of nothing of modifying lips, breaking out the dremel to cut slots into mags that are missing from the factory, etc.. High rates of warranty returns (5-15%, 30% for a few) are not given a second thought.

They do rate PRI very highly, while at the same time admitting the above. In that sense, the info they provide is not really all that useful for the much larger consumer base of "regular" shooters.

What I have learned from my short time with 6.8 is that I am not willing to go through this hassle. The occasional lemon is a given, but by and large I expect stuff to work as intended - that's what I pay for after all. I'm a "regular" guy, not an early adopter with gun smithing skills.

That's why I will be trading my 6.8 barrel/BCG/etc. (posted in Trading section) if anyone is interested.

If my 4 month old will permit it, I will be posting pics soon...

Jack A Sol

f**king hell!! when are you two f**kheads gonna give up this retarded s**t?

you got a bad f**king mag, get over it. Never in my life have I seen someone so obssessed with something so easily fixed!!

next time when you want a reliable rifle and dont feel like reading the f**king instruction manual on how to operate it or break it in, buy a f**king AK then go whine to the Russians.

Crenca, in my opinion you are a stinking idiot and a fool. Your ignorance of rifles and how to operate them is astounding. I hope you leave this board and the 6.8 forums and never come back. I wonder how you have managed to survive this far into life, as you obviously cannot follow simple instructions nor resolve problems in a successful and tactful manner.

heres what we know about you just from the last 3 weeks alone:

-the XCR is your first assault weapon
    -You did not read your instruction manual or follow any advice here about how to fix problems encountered during the break in.
    -you will start no less than SEVEN threads whining about how your ONE "free" magazine was faulty (even tho failures during break-in are normal and expected)
    -if you have a problem with something you will not hesitate to start a campaign of slander and libel against the company and accuse them of all manner of misconduct and, MOST IMPORTANTLY... WILL NEVER CALL THE MANUFACTURER TO FIND OUT WHATS GOING ON NOR TO GET RELIEF FOR YOUR PROBLEM.
    -When the moderator closes and locks your threads you will simply start another and keep harping on the same crap that was discussed in the locked thread.
    -when you buy a rifle and have normal break-in issues, rather than realize that you are thru the worst of it and keep it, you will choose to start the entire process all over again with another caliber. Gee, I wonder what will happen there. :
    -you are clinically obsessive. this is a disorder, seek professional help.
    - you HAVE to have the last word....ALWAYS.

take my advice bro. Sell your gun to that guy who offered to buy it, make a little cash, then just leave this board. you are disruptive and negative influence and have not contributed positively to the community in any way. You obviously dont have the patience, intelligence or ability to own any weapon that requires the owner to follow directions. The XCR is never gonna work for you and you will always have doubts as to it reliability.

P.S crenca, according the to the poll here on this forum, about 30% of XCR users have had issues with their gun. you should have read that before you bought this lemon.

Obviously Jack-O is one of those quite "strident" :P

That's one thing about 68forums, no personal attacks except Bolster who was part of the conversation here. I wonder if Jack-O has not crossed a line here - should XCRforum allow this?

As to the substance, Jack-O is correct about two things: This is my first assault rifle, and I did set the gas setting down to 3 about sometime during the first 100 rounds for a mag or two. Not that this had any bearing on my problem, as it was the mag.

Ok, he is right about 3 things, I will get the last word - it's my thread after all ;D

No threads were locked on 68forums until Bolster got personal, and then the moderator gave me the chance to respond before he locked it. I chose to not respond as everyone else was respectful.

The rest is shrill rant with no substance...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsors