XCR Forum banner

O.K. I have a digital camera, how th f**k do I post pictures???

15K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  trebor 
#1 ·
Step 1: Get yourself an account on a photo sharing website such as www.photobucket.com. It is free and will host your images so that Lex won't get zapped with bandwidth fees.

Step 2: Export your photos from the digital camera to your PC. They should be .jpg files. Some cameras have tiff or raw export options, but for sharing on the web you need to have jpgs. This is probably the default setup anyway.

Step 3: Follow the directions on your photo sharing site to upload the jpg files

Step 4: The photo sharing site will have links to your images. In photobucket you find the image and click on the type of link you want. This will copy the link. Note that in the photo below I used the direct link. This is the type of link you can past into a browser's address bar. http://....

Step 5: Start your post. When you get to where you would like to insert an image click on the image icon.

This will insert the images tags into you post.

Finally paste in the direct link to your image.

Move the cursor out of the image tags and finish your post!

See less See more
#2 ·
A minor but critical substep is missing. Photobucket has an edit feature that lets you resize the photos to the perfect size for posting on websites. Just select the photo, chose "edit", select "resize", pick the "website, email (640x480)" option, then use that one to post to the website.

If you don't do this, the picture may require scrolling to see on the website, which can be a pain.

#7 ·
And when those who post up red X's and 'photo unavailable' that look like this:

or this:

You can them let them know in a 'quote' reply with one of these underneath:

And when they reply, "What am I doing wrong" you post something like one of these:

I hoped this helped.

Brought to you by i303. Bringing you general smartasseries and shenanigans since 1965. "You're never to old to act like you did in Junior High"

#8 ·
Thanks "Plinker"! Now I MUST go ahead and get this "photobucket" deal. Terra told me about it a week or so ago, but I am having some PC problems and waiting on my IT man to get to me and straighten them out prior to me downloading anything else......these pics are REALLY GREAT!
SINKER

#13 ·
Can anyone help me with why my pictures when linked according to this thread show up as a little blue question mark? I'm using Skydrive with my hotmail account. When I click on the blue question mark it will take me to a new tab that shows the picture.

Thanks for any help. Just trying to get some photos from my last hunting trip posted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.