Quality/Inexpensive Tactical Lights? - Page 3
Like Tree1Likes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Quality/Inexpensive Tactical Lights?

Re: Quality/Inexpensive Tactical Lights?

+1 IMO for general indoor/ home defense use, the G2 has plenty of lumens. Anything much more than 65 lumens or so indoors, you will blind yourself almost as much as any would be intruder. You're trying to identify an intruder and temporarily disorient or blind him, not blind an airplane pilot flying overhead.
    Semper Fidelis

Tacweapon, I was looking hard at the olight t20 tactical, but decided to go with the pd30 as my primary because of it's smaller size. I also think I'm going to get one of the larger 2 cr123 cell flashlights like the surefire lx2/olight m20 warrior/fenix tk11 for nightstand duty soon.
    I am using the Fenix P3D as my carry light and it is working great my only comp is the lack of momentary on, I am sure that you will like it for the money you spent
    Speak soflty and carry a big stick...and if that dont work, start yellin and grab a shotgun!

Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end

Red Rezin. How do you like your EagleTacs?

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

The Eagletac is great, I haven't used it a lot, but it is probably the best light I have. Very bright, very tough, great battery efficiency. IMO better than the Surefire G2 for sure. I'm using mine with a single 18650 battery rechargable lithiums. No where near needing to replace the battery yet.

Red Rezin

Thanks, I will give Eagletac a serious look.

Quote Originally Posted by aziator View Post
    I can't help you in that price range but I can highly recommend the Streamlight TLR-1
    Does anyone know anything about the various pistol lights?

Is there a real reason to spend the (large amount of) extra cash for a Surefire, for example, instead of a Streamlight? Or is it all pretty much marketing hype?

I've got a couple of reasonably priced Glock brand lights, and I see that Sig has a similar offering. Are the really high end lights worth the couple hundred extra bucks over those?
    - Tom Aiello
    [email protected]

...I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

Streamlight makes a damn good light for the money.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks nothing worth a war, is worse.... A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.----John Stuart Mill

The M3 light (Streamlight) is one of the best pistol lights I've used. I bought one 5 years ago and it's still going strong despite being heavily used for building searches and such. It's nothing fancy; it just keeps working. It's very bright as well (sometimes too bright), I think around 120 lumens.
    ETA I paid only $95.00 for the M3 5 years ago so I'm sure they are quite a bit cheaper by now.
    Semper Fidelis

I'm with ya'll on cheap lights, mainly because I end up breaking a light at work probably once every 3-4 monthes :duh: But as far as a pistol light would go, or even a rifle/shotgun light, Insight(wx150) has been producing better products at a fair price (compared to surefire) It has 150 lumens, weighs 4 oz, seems durable, and easy controls. I haven't gotten my mits on one yet, but my friend has and he swears by it. But its no cheapo light....if anyone finds a great or just good cheapo light, please let me know...

I've got the Streamlight TLR-1 on my Glock 17, very bright and rugged. Only gripe is how difficult it is to replace the batteries. But it is my favorite handgun tactical light so far. I've given up on the cheap idea with tactical lights... however if you ever want to get some pretty good lights for pretty cheap, check out www.dealextreme.com - they are in china, and make take a while to get here (2 weeks), but I have been really impressed with some of the CREE single AA lights they offer for less than $20.

So far I have purchased:
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.3607
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19187

I don't think I would trust these as a weapon mounted light (might work though), but for the price you cant go wrong for every day use/camping.

Also, thought I would update you on the Eagletac T100C2 I purchased. I've had some problems with it when using the low setting while mounted on my XCR... seems to be touchy and sometimes not work. When I took it off I played around with pulling and pushing on the front light housing. It would turn off and on. I did the same thing on high and it never shut off. Seems like the looseness of the low mode causes something with the battery to not connect properly, I think I will contact Eagletac and see what they have to say. High mode works great however, and with 2 hour run time on 1 -18650, I think I will keep it on that mode.

Red Rezin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsors