XCR Forum banner

Stainless barrel finish

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Prizm 
#1 ·
I'm going to get a polished stainless steel barrel. Is there a finish I can put on it that will stay? (RRA-Predator Pursuit 20" Heavy Match Stainless)

#3 ·
Texas- Here is a stainless barrel I recently painted. It's a 16" stainless varmint. It's the second gun I've painted. I used a product from Brownell's called Aluma-Hyde. I painted my bolt gun first, the stock and barrel are Aluma Hyde. I just did the AR, and wanted the barrel black. It seems to have adhered very nicely. It took about a week to dry well. From what I can see it's going to stick pretty well. You might want to look into it.

#11 ·
magik- it's a 16" barrel with a full handguard and low profile gas block. I wanted to keep it short for urban applications. I wanted something to play around with so I just ordered an upper from double star. You know this thing shoots somewhere between .5 and .75 depending on the ammo. I didn't expect that. It shoots great and was cheap. I slapped it on a Bushmaster lower and got a PRS for it. I was actually using the lower between this upper and my 6.5 Grendel. Now that it's painted I have to get another for the Grendel.

Texas- I think that stuff is awesome. In fact I'm going to paint my 6.5 barrel black. Don't forget to order extra nozzles as well. The paint is about $9.00 a can and the nozzles are hit or miss so you'll want extra.

Juice- I hate to say it but I've got the paint bug now. If I was in that area we'd definitely have to share some ideas.

Glad you guys like it. I'm thinking about doing my XCR next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.