XCR Forum banner

PDW manufacturing underway. Pics of raw receiver

1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  dont_tread_on_me 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I don't think I like the looks of the standard barrel in the PDW upper too much. Maybe an standard SBR barrel, but there's more barrel than receiver!

#3 ·
The PDW with the longer bbl on the other site looks alot like what I'm imagining the XCR-M will look like with more of the gas tube exposed (other than the fact that the handguard is WAY shorter obviously).

On the PDW, it doesn't look right...but on the M it might give it an M96 look.

JMO,

Sean

#6 ·
I have no idea what the final "M" will look like but I don't mind the gas tube exposed,the M is going to be heavy enough without having a bunch of extra rail/forend to make it even more so.I know a little extra aluminum isn't going to make a huge difference,but you don't want a pig either.The development mock-up pics did show the M with the gas tube exposed.I think once they get rolling on the M they could do a carbine length forend for the 16 inch barrels and a rifle length forend for those who don't care for the exposed tube look. :2cents:

#7 ·
I actually like the PDW upper with the 16" barrel.

Any idea if this setup will be available for those of us living behind enemy lines? (California)

Once I move to a free state, I would be able to SBR the rifle, and buy the proper PDW components.

The above would be fantastic, if possible.

-Ed

#9 ·
I don't see why the PDW wouldn't work with as 16" barrel as long as you used the standard oprod and gas tub,in fact I had thought of it myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.