What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D?
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D?

What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D?

Hi!

I'm a young gun and mechanics enthusiast and this spring I will apply for college. My dream job is to work within research and development. For an overall good situation after college I'm looking primarily at the civil engineering educations. Picking what discipline within engineering to study is not that easy at all, and I want to get it right the first time.

Robinson Armaments' main product is awesome, your customer relations seem sincere and loyal and the company overall seems great.

I don't what kind of horrible work hours you have or how the boss smells, but that's not the point of this topic. The point is; I want to know what kind of people get to sit down and design stuff like the XCR and the improvements of it.

Is it the kind of guy or gal that know this stuff (translating names of some the courses included in the programme I'm eyeballing):

-Math
    -Drawing technique (probably CAD)
    -Durability
    -Construction materials
    -Thermodynamics and streaming(?)
    -Design methodics
    -Ergonomics
    -Product innovation

The education is called "machinetech; technical design".

Re: What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D?

I picked mechanical engineering, it is all about movement, dynamics, energy transfer, and ultimately design.

Civil engineering is about structures, soils, foundations, load transfer, and again design.

The machinists have the most experience of prototyping and manufacturing. Engineers have to take manufacturing and construction into consideration, but engineering is about optimization.

I don't work at RA by the way, I also have another trade...
    Ich wuerde mich gerne geistig mit dir duellieren... aber ich sehe du bist nicht bewaffnet!

Re: What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D?

I'm guessing that firearms design would require a background in dynamics and/or materials engineering.

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Lionheart?

Re: What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D

Now now...

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Lionheart?
    Oh you.

SDDuce996: You nailed it! I was thinking the exact same thing.

MadDog :doh:
    WWJWD (What Would John Wayne Do)

wow.

'lo lion.
    Do what you've always done, get what you've always got. ----- Have gun. Will travel.

Re: What kind of person (with what kind of education) gets to work at the RA R&D

Whack-A-Mole
    A fool takes no pleasure in understanding, but only in expressing his opinion. - Proverbs 18:2

:duh:
    "Thank you for helping us help you help us all."

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsors