AK Ratchet Charging Handle
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AK Ratchet Charging Handle

AK Ratchet Charging Handle

Thought this was kinda neat.

http://dublinaksystems.com/home.html

Its $110.
    "When your life depends on it, you will not rise to the level of your expectations, but rather fall to the level of your training."

DSM

Re: AK Ratchet Charging Handle

Very HK, but I guess thinking out of the box for an AK.
    When have any of our plans ever actually worked? We plan, we get there, all hell breaks loose.

Very HK? ....What?
    "When your life depends on it, you will not rise to the level of your expectations, but rather fall to the level of your training."

4. Remove Advertisements
    XCRForum.com
    Advertisements

Jack A Sol

This was discussed at length on Warrior Talk.

The general consensus and questions were..

"why bother??"

"bet that gets hot"

"ohh cool, more parts to break"

and "umm....training fail"

Personally I like the way the AK works. I got trained by good people and actually prefer the simple old AK as it is (with a few tweaks tho actually). I can assure you that you wont find one on MY AK's, NOR in my parts box either.

Waste of money for no gain in useability

Quote Originally Posted by Jack A Sol View Post
    This was discussed at length on Warrior Talk.

The general consensus and questions were..

"why bother??"

"bet that gets hot" [b]Watch video 2 (I believe) after he dumps 4 mags. He is able to keep his hand on the charging handle/gas tube. Doesnt seem to get that hot

"ohh cool, more parts to break" [b]Whats there to break? You going to break the gas tube? the metal sleeve that covers the piston?

and "umm....training fail" [b]Im not even going to go here. Just think XCR and AR-15 charging handle and pick which one is more comfortable and ergonomic.

Personally I like the way the AK works. I got trained by good people and actually prefer the simple old AK as it is (with a few tweaks tho actually). I can assure you that you wont find one on MY AK's, NOR in my parts box either. [b]Great. Im glad you like your weapons the way they are. Some people like to tweak theirs. No big deal. They paid for it so they can do what they want with it.

Waste of money for no gain in useability. How do you figure no useability? [b]Its only my speculation as I do not own one of these, but I would bet mag changes would be a considerable bit faster than reaching under/over method (not to mention, if your running a side mount and optic).

Again you have your opinion and thats great. But just because you would not benefit from something like this does not mean someone else will not. Not everyone has to be like Jack-O

I do like the left side charging handle idea, but will probably go with an AK Lightning Bolt instead of this device so I can leave my T-1 in it's scout mount...

Yeah, this would obviously not be beneficial to those using an ultimak or quad handguard with forward-mounted optics. This would however be beneficial to those running the side mount.

Jack A Sol

yeah, the lightning bolt is better executed IMO. If I was gonna go that route I'd want a handle on both sides.

the biggest response at WT was "why bother" no-one could answer that to any reasonable level other than "because they can" or "to try to make it into something it aint". frankly the first reason is perfectly OK to almost everyone, but dont try to sell me on the "tactical" benefits of making a gun do something it wasnt designed for because the operator is too lazy to learn how to run the thing.

Frankly it's just so easy to reach under the rifle and behind the mag, that this seems unnecessary to me. thousands of repetitions have pretty well made this action instinctive.

Any new weapons I get I just learn their manual of arms instead of trying to mod them into something else.

I guess I'm old fashioned in that I think the operator should learn the weapon, and that weapons run as intended when LEFT as intended. :-\

I guess I'm old fashioned in that I think the operator should learn the weapon, and that weapons run as intended when LEFT as intended. :-\
    I don't see that this has anything to do with it, other than you getting upset because someone decided to do it differently than you.

I do think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure there's enough benefit to really make it worthwhile. I believe I'd also go with the lightning bolt over this. I'd be a bit worried about catching my thumb at some point with that long handle too.

That guy, he said I should be oblong and have my knees removed. But I don't trust him, he plays the banjo.

Quote Originally Posted by Underground View Post
    I don't see that this has anything to do with it, other than you getting upset because someone decided to do it differently than you.

I do think it's a good idea, but I'm not sure there's enough benefit to really make it worthwhile. I believe I'd also go with the lightning bolt over this. I'd be a bit worried about catching my thumb at some point with that long handle too. Well put Underground. Some people try to push there own agenda/weapon platform and convince everyone to do it there way and if you don't your wrong. Then they try to use the training issue to help their stance on a particular issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsors