XCR Forum banner

P.O.V. Camera

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  RobertSlaughter 
#1 ·
Anyone here have a small helmet type camera? I borrowed one for the weekend hunt I am going on, fortunately for me it came with a rail mount. It is a nice little camera, if it goes well I may end up buying one. Unfortunately the rail mount is a prototype but I think I can get them to make another one. I will take some pics of the camera on the gun when I get a chance.

#2 ·
Today I just received a Contour HD that I had ordered. Seem pretty cool, only have tried it around the house so far. I think I'll bring it with me if I go to a uspsa match this weekend.

Edit- My cats think the lasers are a good feature :D

#4 ·
That is the one that I have right now. I mounted it on the right side rail, it is awesome. I am going out to the range tomorrow to figure out which 6.8 round I am going to hunt with. I will get some video while I am there and hopefully put it up.

#11 ·
I bought a setup a couple years ago from www.helmetcamera.com and it has worked well. I run it to a HandyCam, so I bought the remote control setup along with the cam setup itself. There's definitely some bulk to manage, with the HandyCam and battery pack for the camera lens in a pouch on the belt, and the wiring running from there to the camera lens as well as the wiring for the remote. I'd be very interested to see what you used for a rail mount - I'd love to be able to mount the lens to the gun but just haven't had the time/inclination to get serious about it.

I've been sorely tempted to buy the i-Kam Xtreme glasses ( http://predatoroutdoorproducts.com/ikam_index.html ) but keep talking myself out of it. Head-mounted and weapon-mounted cameras each have their place, depending on the perspective you want to record...

#12 ·
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BotpaehzeyY

This one is best viewed full screen HD. It is hard to make out a coyote at 125 yards on the camera but if you watch in HD on full screen you will see him move after the first shot and drop after the second (not to mention the sound of the round hitting.)

I am most surprised by the sound of the ping. I can hardly ever hear it with the can on, I wasn't expecting to hear it so loudly. I guess I also didn't expect to hear the trigger reset so loudly.

#14 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.